Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Ultimate DOOM
I have ripped every texture from The Ultimate DOOM. Now I have got a tidy folder filled with all the textures from E1M1. Am I allowed to upload this collection?
Because I have noticed no one else has, and I would be surprised if it wasn't because of a particular rule.
Thanked by:
Textures should be submitted to the tTR. But don't worry, no matter if you post it here or there I'm going to upload it Wink
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Ah, yes. I suppose I may as well post them here, now that I've made a new thread.
I guess I'll do it, then:
[Image: e1m1.png]
Thanked by: Ultimecia
Considering the textures aren't unique to each level, why not just submit them all?
Thanked by:
Ah, but most of the textures are manipulated and mixed with other textures to create the walls for each level. I painstakingly did it myself with references to how they were listed in Doom Builder 2, which took an hour and a half. The ones included in that archive are all correctly remade though btw, I imported them into DOOM myself to double-check.
Thanked by:
You missed my point. BROWN96 is BROWN96 is BROWN96. BROWN96 is used in (probably) every Episode 1 level. It's the same texture.

What I think you're talking about is patches. Patches are smaller images which are combined into textures (as defined in the TEXTURE* lumps). This was just done to save space in the game's IWAD. Although the textures can be aligned differently in a map editor, they don't vary in their pixel composition from level to level.
Thanked by:
Ah yes, they're called patches. While it's true that many textures are reused in other levels, uploading them in some order would be neccessary, right?
Maybe I could upload them as Flats, floors, etc. Would that be better?
Thanked by:
Much better actually
Sort like this: http://www.textures-resource.com/pc_comp...index.html
Thanked by:
Wow, that submitter actually bothered to put all the patches together... I guess I'll just send in the floors for now then.
[Image: doomfloortextures.png]
Thanked by: Ultimecia
Moving to Textures.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Thx Ton XP I just kept in the Sprites one because I check both anyway XP

So should I remove the already submitted one and wait the walls?
Thanked by:
Yeah, I've plans for the walls to be done by at least the end of the week.

EDIT: I've hit a snag in the process. Hopefully someone else will release the walls instead of me.
Thanked by:
[Image: ultimate_doom-wall_textures_icon.png]
Thanked by: Ultimecia, Friedslick6