Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Stages/Levels*
This is the topic for the sprites and discussion of Levels in the project.

TO DO:
-We are only creating 2 simple levels at the current moment for the upcoming demo we have in mind. Battlefield & Final Destination.

OBSERVATIONS:
-THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTIONS THREAD. We have plenty level Idea's already.
-Level Perspective:
[Image: tsrsmashbrosperspective.png]
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
Good size. Might get a bit crowded with 3+ people on it though. Maybe instead of FD it could be Battlefield, with the floating platforms?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Maybe, but I was thinking final destination because of the scenery. Like maybe have moving water under the stage. heading towards a little island. Like Sonic Advance 2's Opening.

Then Again, we do want it simple.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
How about an old, archaic Final Destination. It could have vegetation growing on it and rust on its platform from years of underuse.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
We could base it off of SmithyGCN's final destination? http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/0...thyGCN.gif
But I think we should put in different ledges so you do not get caught underneath when trying to recover (I always hated that in Brawl).

Edit:
(08-28-2010, 12:17 PM)Robert Paulson Wrote: How about an old, archaic Final Destination. It could have vegetation growing on it and rust on its platform from years of underuse.

I actually like that idea.
[Image: bJTerlT.png]
Thanked by: Ton
Our own Final Destination would be a good idea, I like this idea!
Thanked by: Iceman404
(08-28-2010, 12:17 PM)Robert Paulson Wrote: How about an old, archaic Final Destination. It could have vegetation growing on it and rust on its platform from years of underuse.

That's actually a brilliant idea, and adding Runouw's idea would be good too. I was thinking that the stage would look more like this.

[Image: 14589265.png]
[Image: finaldestination.png]
Thanked by:
Love it! Looks a little bit thin at the moment, but I'm sure that'll be fine. I was thinking of having the ruined Final Destination floating somewhere like a subspace forest, or above water at least. There could be some trees growing out of some areas here or there for decoration, a couple platforms underneath the main one to help with under stage recovery, and a ball of energy like in the other Final Destinations, except with a function.

There can be a little platform beneath the energy ball, and once every game, the ball spits out a Smash Ball onto the platform below.
Thanked by:
(08-28-2010, 02:08 PM)Robert Paulson Wrote: Love it! Looks a little bit thin at the moment, but I'm sure that'll be fine. I was thinking of having the ruined Final Destination floating somewhere like a subspace forest, or above water at least. There could be some trees growing out of some areas here or there for decoration, a couple platforms underneath the main one to help with under stage recovery, and a ball of energy like in the other Final Destinations, except with a function.

There can be a little platform beneath the energy ball, and once every game, the ball spits out a Smash Ball onto the platform below.

Those are great Idea's, but you have to remember that this is Final Destination, and there are supposed to be no events whatsoever for perfect gamelay. Only scenery. But, I did fix the Thin-ness.
[Image: finaldestination.png]
Thanked by: ThePortalGuru
Much better. So yeah, I guess we should really play up the "Ancient Final Destination" scenery, then. Where do we want it to float through, or is it just going to be a fixed location?
Thanked by:
(08-28-2010, 02:18 PM)Robert Paulson Wrote: Much better. So yeah, I guess we should really play up the "Ancient Final Destination" scenery, then. Where do we want it to float through, or is it just going to be a fixed location?

Hmm...Maybe it can go from:
Ocean> Space> Green Digital Realm (See Melee)> Clouds> Repeat.

And maybe after the Green Digital Realm part, it could go to Sonic 3's special stage (Red and Blue Spears with stars flying up in the sky) just for the heck of it.
Thanked by:
Have you guys considered doing Final Destination's background in vector graphics? Its just that sprite based backgrounds would take a while to draw out unless you did something real clever.

Also, Iceman that's probably too many backgrounds for the level. From the way this project has been going it will NEVER get done if we have that many backgrounds to do.
Thanked by: Ton, Iceman404
Well, we could always make the background sort of pseudo-3D parallax, a la Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Mixed 3D and 2D elements that blend well together.
Thanked by:
Let's focus on the foreground first and foremost.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Phantom Killah