Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
*bangs head on desk*
So I've come to the conclusion, perhaps likely wrongly so, that Virtual Boy sprites are encrypted in the roms or at the very least not aligned how Tile Molester says they are. I've only had luck with a few sprites, but most were always garbled.

Take my P-Tron rip for example. I got the large sprites of him from Tile Molester. Once I got the alignment set right, everything fell into place. But I couldn't find his map sprites or any other sprite for that matter with Tile Molester, so I had to use Red Dragon's tile viewer to piece them all together, which is a pain but very easy nonetheless.

Well, when I opened the rom for Innsmouth Mansion, the only sprite I could find was some stupid monkey. Everything else seemed garbled to me. So when I set about ripping sprites for it, I used Red Dragon's tile viewer and, tediously piece by piece, put the sprites together as best as I could fathom. Some were easy to do, others made me roll over and take a nap from exasperated exhaustion.

One thing I discovered while looking at the rom in Tile Molester is all the passwords are individual sprites. So I opened the rom again today to look up the passwords so I could get to the final levels (there are 5 or 6 final levels, it branches). I started scrolling down to where the passwords were stored in the rom. ... What do you know! There are all the sprites I've been working on for the last 24 hours already 90% properly aligned!

*bangs head on desk*
Thanked by:
Good work detective, let's head back to the station and have a coffee.

Thanked by: Nindo, Marth, Gors, Iceman404
...Did you mean to put this in the Ripping Questions thread? There honestly isn't much to discuss here.

Why hasn't the Admin team changed this section's title yet? D=
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Gors, DioShiba