Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fable Trilogy(also Fable III discussion)
Ok so Fable III is coming out, I personally have never played any of the games but hear nothing but good things about them. I'm actually gonna buy fable II soon so that I can understand Fable III when I get it(do I need to though? I heard Fable I and II had nothing to do with one another.).

I personally love the art style and the setting to the game and from what I see a deep customizeable system. I have no idea what the online is like or if there even is any.

Anyway Discuss the Series and the upcoming third game.
Thanked by:
there is online. Afterall you can marry people ingame
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
fable sucks
fable has always sucked

peace
Is it like an MMO/ is the third one to be like one? It'd be cool to get a TSR group/clan/whatever.
Thanked by:
(08-20-2010, 09:06 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: fable sucks
fable has always sucked

peace

+ the game is too short.

Thanked by:
(08-20-2010, 09:02 PM)Kat Wrote: there is online. Afterall you can marry people ingame

these two sentences have nothing to do with each other

fable 2 is the only game with online and it's pretty lame, player 2 can pop in to player 1's world and run around with him, not earning experience at all. the co-op feels a little bit tacked on for the sake of a fresh and exciting selling point

fable: the lost chapters (fable 1 + a bunch of extras) is probably the only fable game i'd reccomend, it's a pretty solid action RPG with more than one way to actually play (do you hear this molyneux you hack)

molyneux hyped the second game to shit and it came out pretty badly for it, the game is extremely short, linear, and i think only one choice in the very beginning of the game (like, when you're a child) that actually makes kind of a big difference. the game hands you a melee weapon, and a crossbow, and teaches you magic in the very beginning but you will probably never use any of that ever, because the melee weapon and upgrading your melee skills will be all you ever do (because everything else is shit)

fable 3 is really up in the air, it might be because i'm not watching it as much but peter molyneux has kinda learned his lesson by this point and isn't calling his game a work of art or anything like that yet, i think it has potential like fable 2 did (they look the same) but there's really no way of knowing until it comes out :l

e: take a shot everytime i mentioned peter molyneux in that post
Thanked by:
(08-20-2010, 09:18 PM)bryan GT broyan Wrote:
(08-20-2010, 09:02 PM)Kat Wrote: there is online. Afterall you can marry people ingame

these two sentences have nothing to do with each other

Actually they do because you can marry people over live or psn whatever you have.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
fable has always sucked

peace

what was that i can't quite hear you over the sound of you actually enjoying killzone 2 heh

(08-20-2010, 10:12 PM)Kat Wrote: Actually they do because you can marry people over live or psn whatever you have.

wrong again, you can only "marry" npcs sorry
Thanked by:
(08-20-2010, 10:56 PM)bryan GT broyan Wrote:
fable has always sucked

peace

what was that i can't quite hear you over the sound of you actually enjoying killzone 2 heh
my shitty taste in the already shit genre of first person shooters doesn't suddenly make fable good
Thanked by:
(08-20-2010, 10:56 PM)bryan GT broyan Wrote:
(08-20-2010, 10:12 PM)Kat Wrote: Actually they do because you can marry people over live or psn whatever you have.

wrong again, you can only "marry" npcs sorry

You can marry more then NPCs in Fable 3 sorry.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
(08-20-2010, 11:22 PM)Kat Wrote: You can marry more then NPCs in Fable 3 sorry.
kat..................
mad...........................
kat.............................
changing........................................
kat really f mad...........................................
kat.........................

kat mad.............................
[Image: i3zyxc.jpg]
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Gwen, Nindo, DioShiba, Cshad
(08-20-2010, 11:12 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: my shitty taste in the already shit genre of first person shooters doesn't suddenly make fable good

no i'm saying you have terrible taste in general please try to keep up
Thanked by:
oh sorry my bad
you can't blame me though bryan i'm a simple country boy from a suburb in michigan....................
Thanked by:
it's okay, even though i'm a hard hearted city slicker from the backwoods of the half-deep south i feel like we can both understand each other
Thanked by: triptych
I myself am also wondering in what sense the Fable series is "awesome". I mean sure, it's good, it's pretty entertaining, it can keep me hooked, but why is it "awesome"?

First of all, none of the two already released Fable games really implemented what was promised, which already made the two Fable games less awesome than what was hyped. Second, aside from doing jobs, being able to get married, doing quests and invest in real estate, there's nothing more to it. It's like GTA in a fantasy world, only with less quests and RPG elements. And the marrying part. And no vehicles to hijack.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by: