Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
yoyo throwing animation
My attempt at redoing an old animation to make it more dynamic.
old
[Image: SWINGAMAJIG.gif]

new
[Image: nicoyoyoanimationredux.gif]
He's supposed to be throwing a yoyo, before I start the actual pixel work, I'd like some C+C on the flow of the animation.
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by:
Frames 4 and 6 are unnecessary and cause it to look like a wonky animation

consider this:
[Image: nicoyoyoanimationredux.gif]
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
Oh yes, that's much better. I was actually looking for a way to get rid of some frames to make the action seem quicker.
Thanked by:
really, you could also remove frame 5 and make a blur effect in frame 7, the frame where the yo-you leaves his hand
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
nah, I just tried it and it does need those frames, since he's going to be waiting for the yoyo to return back to his hand. (it's a separate sprite, i just used the yellow circle to get a glance of what it might look like)
Thanked by:
the motion's alright, but it should be faster. Making a move to have a delay is more realistic, but not convenient gameplay-wise.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(08-17-2010, 09:01 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: [Image: nicoyoyoanimationredux.gif]
He should probably swing the yo yo sideways and not upward. And when he thrusts his arm forward it should be a bit quicker, since he takes all that time to charge it.

Somethings I personally think you should do is: when the yo yo reaches its peak and spins for a while, his whole body could vibrate (left and right) for a brief moment before he pulls it back. And when he does pull it back, it'd be nice if he slid' back a little himself. I think those would probably make the animation more lively. Some games like Kirby use these techniques, and it turns out great.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
That underarm swing would probably make the yo-yo swing outwards and upwards, like a, uh, curving vertical slash. Which works just fine as a yo-yo attack, but probably not the right movement to have it go straight outwards.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Don't know if it was mentioned but, he should probably also pull it back quick too.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: