Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Eye of the Beholder
Just then, DnD sprites!

[Image: advanceddndeyeofthebeho.png][Image: advanceddndeyeofthebeho.png][Image: advanceddndeyeofthebeho.png][Image: advanceddndeyeofthebeho.png]

And of course, click here for the download!

I saw that there was already a Beholder sheet on the site, so I decided to leave him out of my sheets. Also, though I don't usually rip games that I haven't played before, this is one of the times that I did just that. The game wouldn't run on my computer so I watched some Let's Plays of the game in the hopes of getting the sprites properly sorted, but i still don't know if I got it all right, so I tried to keep it as vague as possible. If somebody could tell me if I made any mistakes in sorting these sprites, it would be much appreciated!

So I guess I'm off to find more games to rip!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by: Ton
Reminds me at RPG Maker 2000-sprites, nice ones =)

By the way, what means "EGA"?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
It stood for Enhanced Graphics Adapter and was pretty much a really old display standard for computers that would display something 16 colors at a time, which was pretty impressive when it first came out. You can see it in games like Commander Keen, Bio Menace, etc. EGA only had around 16 colors used at a time, making for lower quality sprites compared to the other display standard used in Eye of the Beholder, which I'm assuming is VGA (which came after EGA and was used in games like Wolfenstein which had much more color, detail, and higher resolution), but I'm not a huge expert on the subject, so I'm likely wrong. Wikipedia probably has some better informed things to say about it here than I do.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by:
Ah, awesome. Thanks for clearing that up. Great job!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
EGA was 16 colors, VGA was the 256 colors (like nowadays gif) and when came SVGA it was mind-blowing. Afterwards the name became unimportant, the resolution was.
Many old DOS games had the EGA and VGA versions, like Golden Axe, and some games got a remake under VGA brand new graphics, like Quest for Glory, Space Quest and Loom
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by: