Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Enough Rep Abuse, People.
I think I had better nip this in the bud now, before it starts becoming a major problem.

Please try to use Positive and Negative Rep in a sensible manner.

The Rep system is an easy way to give comments on someone's behaviour. This means if someone is doing something wrong, you can inform them so, and they can change their ways. If you feel someone is being antagonistic; but not breaking the rules, the rep system is a reasonable way to inform people of this; as mods do check outstanding rep levels regularly.

The Rep system IS NOT an excuse for you to bully other members, cause spam or be offensive, or just randomly be a jerk. Conversely, you're not being especially helpful if you hand out +ve Reps like candy so people will Rep you.

I shouldn't really need to tell you all this, but it seems the Rep system has been causing personal disputes as of late. This kind of behaviour isn't acceptable in regular posts, so it is not acceptable in the Rep system. From now on, I shall personally be giving out warns for further Rep abuse, and I invite all other moderators to do the same.

If the behaviour continues, I'm perfectly fine with getting the rep system removed.

Keep this information in mind, and if need be, alter your recent Reps as appropriate.
Thanked by: CitaMarrith
Grooveman, don't act like you're a moderator.

Wait, I mean, don't act like you're a super moderator.

Never mind.
Thanked by:
I was going to give you positive rep for that, Groove, then I realised you'd probably take it as a piss-take =P

But seriously, it's a good thing someone said it. It's mostly being used as a popularity contest
[Image: SigYT.png][Image: SigArt.png]
Thanked by:
people actually use the reputation system as a exscuse 0.o
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
SamW89 Wrote:I was going to give you positive rep for that, Groove, then I realised you'd probably take it as a piss-take =P

But seriously, it's a good thing someone said it. It's mostly being used as a popularity contest

I realised that by posting that, I'm doomed to a future of neutral votes. NOW I'LL NEVER CATCH UP WITH DAZZ MY LIFE IS OVERRRRRRR Cry

@Gary: Yeah, gotcha there. ;D

@Omega: I don't understand. Elaborate please, I'm interested.
Thanked by:
you said

"The Rep system IS NOT an excuse for you to bully other members, cause spam or be offensive, or just randomly be a jerk.."

people actually use it as a excuse?
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
Well, yeah. I've noticed some members are a lot more... venomous in their language when posting reps as opposed to their regular posts; like we won't read it and warn them for it.

That bullshit stops now.
Thanked by:
Recently I've seen more and more comments saying "I rated you up now do me!" in profiles. Some of them tried to cover it up with comments on their sprites/posts, but same deal. Blank

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
pikspiksmaroator Wrote:Recently I've seen more and more comments saying "I rated you up now do me!" in profiles. Some of them tried to cover it up with comments on their sprites/posts, but same deal.

(This is why CoolYoshi has such a high rep)
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
I think this thing was carried over from those forums when TSR was not indipendent....

To be honest when I joined, I pretty much was trying to fit in with the community, I still somewhat do, but considering this came up I can't really go as far as I did in the past...
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I think it's been made clear several times that what was acceptable on PT is different to what's accepted here.
Thanked by:
I was going to ask a question about the reputation system since a lot of people were technically flaming others, which is against the rules,

but I got lazy. : D
Thanked by:
[/size]YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!
I've been waiting for this moment
ever since I joined the forum. The rep-system NEEDS to go!
Thanked by:
...Now you're just misinterpreting things.

The reputation system isn't going anywhere (yet), GrooveMan is just setting down some rules. If we don't follow the rules, then the rep. system will go.
Thanked by:
Another thing I've noticed is that if you have a funny avatar or catch phrase, you'll get positive reputation. If that wan't my case, I'd be at -1 since [what's his face] isn't really happy with me because I kinda still like recolors and splices.
Thanked by: