Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MINECRAFT
http://www.minecraft.net/

So i recently bought minecraft, and goddamn this is a good game.
it's like, autism: the game.

Basically you're put in a randomly generated world , made entirely of blocks.

[Image: minecraft_goty22.png]

Each block behaves in its own manner, ie soil blocks will stick to each other so you can build bridges, lava flows downwards, metal is stronger etc

After you're put in the randomly generated world, its time to start farming some blocks, so you mine, and collect, say... stone blocks, if you wanted to build a castle, you can mine things with your hands but it takes longer.

Or you can make a mining pick out of blocks you mine. ie a wood mining pick will be slow and if you are lucky enough to find some diamond while mining you will get a very strong, fast pick.

After you get what you need it's time to start building, you can build whatever you want. Your only limit is your imagination, as you near the end of a map it will generate more and keep getting bigger and bigger, theoretically it could go on forever if your pc has infinite memory.

the game is played in a day and night sequence, in the day, you collect your resources and build your forts, treehouses, underground cities or whatever and at night you defend them against zombies, skeletons, giant spiders, and creepers.

Creepers are real cunts. They silently sneak up on you then explode when they get to you. Killing you and blowing up everything around.

You can turn off the mobs though if you just want to build.

The game's in alpha at the moment and costs like £10, if you buy it now you get all future updates free and and never have to pay again, so i bought it now to avoid having to pay more when beta and the final release come out.

Please tell me someone else here plays this game cos i really wana talk about it.

something some kid with autism probably made:
[Image: Overview1.jpg]
this is a sig

I love this game more than you even know.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
not more than me
this is a sig

Thanked by:
im buying this like next week when i get my paycheck

edit- also the maps in this game are literally infinite
you can walk forever, and it will continue to randomly generate a play area for you as you move.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I've got it and play it a bit, but it's a bit hard to get into. You have to effectively Strip-mine large areas before you can find some types of material - so for your first few hours of the game you'll be looking at a lot of large pixellated grey blobs until you have enough material to build something useful.

There are also monsters in the game that spawn at night (or anywhere in the darkness). This means that the start of the game is a race for you to find Coal which you can turn into torches to keep them at bay (you have no hope in hell at fighting them - it doesn't help that the collision detection's not great).

I'm personally waiting for the Multiplayer to be released normally; so I can mine with someone else, and cut the startup time of the game in half. The building aspect is much more fun, if difficult to get the hang of.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
im sure woppet would be willing to loan you his magical sheep for security

that thing drank a fucking zombie
Thanked by:
i play it too; minecraft is amazing
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
wasnt there an online version of this?
Thanked by:
it has online multiplayer

gonna upload some shots of castle woppet later
this is a sig

Thanked by:
rumor has it that it's going on steam soon, if so i will wait until then to buy it
Thanked by:
chance are it it goes on steam it'll be after the price doubles
anyway i decided to buy this later tonight
Thanked by: 17 kids
i cant run it
[Image: tumblr_lbmz8gVkvC1qcyzauo1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
Sure you can, you could run this game on a calculator.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
I just bought it. Tried running it on an old p4 computer with 3gb of ram. I got ~10 fps.

I switched over to my laptop and averaged ~30-40 fps.

I /really/ need to hook my gaming rig back up.

Anyway I'm trying to learn the basics of survival mode.
Thanked by:
(08-04-2010, 01:10 AM)Woppet Wrote: Sure you can, you could run this game on a calculator.

The requirements are low, but because it stores data for every individual block, and the map can go on for infinity, when you start travelling (in any direction, including down); as it starts inventing new scenery, the amount of RAM it requires slowly starts increasing.

Which is a bit of a problem. I figure that when the proper release comes out, the infinite distance can be turned on/off.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: