Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Marco and other Metal Slug sprites
Okay, so I've been trying to submit this sheet, but it turns out the computer I usually use won't let me upload any pictures to any website, for some reason.

I've finally got it up on imageshack, though; here it is:
[Image: marcor.gif]

I used Metal Slug 5's in-game sprite viewer to rip all of these (with a few exceptions whose sprites I had to rip from gameplay because of screwed up palettes and whatnot.) This sheet has every sprite included in Marco's section of the sprite viewer.

This is the biggest sheet I've ever ripped of anything, and it took a hella long time. I hope somebody gets some use out of them.

I've also got some Metal Slug Advance sheets I ripped a long time ago that you don't have yet, so once I update those a bit I'll submit them as well.
Thanked by:
Wow, looking good!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Good job man! I'm impressed! I know how you probably feel right now. I just spent a bunch of time ripping the BG to Mission 3 of Metal Slug 2, and darn Photobucket's got a limit on the dimensions of the file! Glad to see at least somebody else got their sheet up.
EDIT: Just got my submission up. Finally...
[Image: vdasvnkp.png][Image: mariosoniclinkfoxkrysta.png]Mario is red, Sonic is blue, Link is green, and Fox likes Krystal too! Wink
Click here to level up my card!

Thanked by:
Thanks guys. Big Grin
Thanked by:
Finally got done with the Metal Slug.

Now, be forewarned that the order may seem nonsensical... I got lazy and just ripped the sprites in the order that they appeared in the sprite viewer. Screw sorting all of that.
[Image: metalslug.gif]
Thanked by: Ton
Whoa... O_O
Thanked by: I am Kevin lol
You guys already have this one, but I felt like doing a quick little rip, so I did it anyway. I don't expect you to use it.
[Image: achilles.gif]
Edit: By the way, his name is not officially "Glenn" Achilles, which is what everyone calls him. "Glenn" was a name jokingly given to him by some fan. We don't actually know what his first name is.
Good lord, someone crazy enough to rip ALL of the Metal Slug's sprites? I'm impressed. Nice job with those sheets! Big Grin
Blood.
[Image: bloodc.gif]
Got it! Big Grin
I find it weird how the MS5 sprite viewer uses a palette not seen since Metal Slug X for the 'Blast' blood. It only made an appearance in that palette when Abul Abbas exploded, which in itself is like a one-in-300 chance of happening.

Perhaps some other enemy was going to explode in gory fashion, but was cut just like pretty much everything else in the game. We may never know.

Also, nice Metal Slug rip. God knows how much effort was put into making all those sprites, but it certainly takes more than I have to sheet them...
So, I've been gone for a while, but I'm back. I'm currently working on a huge sheet of Fio, so expect that in the near future.

In the meantime, I was hoping you guys could do me a favor and update the existing sheets submitted a little while back. I didn't like the way the blue went with the site's theme, so I made the backgrounds transparent and all that. I hope it's not too much trouble to update them; I don't mean to be a pain in the ass.

Anyway, here's Metal Slug:
[Image: metalslug.gif]

Here's Marco:
[Image: marcoh.gif]

Achilles:
[Image: achilles.gif]

And blood:
[Image: bloodd.gif]

I think that's all the arcade sheets I needed to update. Again, I hope it's not too much to ask.
whoa, the tank sheet is hardcore.

Srsly, how many weeks did you spend with that one?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
(12-18-2010, 07:26 PM)Davias Wrote: whoa, the tank sheet is hardcore.

Srsly, how many weeks did you spend with that one?

Heh, thanks. I'd say it probably took about a week. With the sprite viewer built into Metal Slug 5, it's really easy, just tedious.
A few of the pixels on a few sprites were screwed up on Marco; fixed those. Here's the updated sheet.
[Image: marcosheet.gif]
Thanked by: