Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Smash TV sprites
I'm amazed this game hasn't been ripped yet..
What: Smash TV
What game console: Arcade, but it was remade into many mediums SNES, X-Box market place(but was removed due to Midway being bankrupt), and I think some sort of classic game colection for the PS2 or something so it should be to hard to find a rom.

What sprites: I'm not asking for a full rip. Maybe just the player, the stage, and any other things you feel like riping.
To right the countless wrongs of our day,
We shine this light of true redemption,
That this place may become as paradise.
What a wonderful world such would be...
Thanked by:
Well I hate to bring the bearing of bad news but this game can't be ripped in MAME (arcade) via the tile viewer so unless someone very talented can look into the ROM and find a way to rip it using GGD if possible, you can't rip from the arcade version. You can however capture it using a bunch of screenshots (press P to pause the game in MAME, press F12 to screenshot and Shift+P to move the frames) if you want to do it yourself.

The XBOX Live and the PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures (2?) versions are emulated from the arcade version and they can't be ripped either since it the ROM is more or less identical to the arcade used for MAME. So that leaves just the home computer, SNES, Mega Drive, NES, Master System and Game Gear versions that can be rippedas far as I know. Maybe the home computer versions are trickier. For what I gathered the Mega Drive one is a poor port even though I would have ripped that if it was a good port; the Master System/Game Gear versions have shruken sprites and have tiny backgrounds that the HUD blocks so it just a shade of grey for them, the NES has fruity colours and shurken sprites so that leaves the SNES one being the only alternative in terms of looks to the arcade.

I'll have to think about it whether to consider ripping or not or if it is doable.
Thanked by: Karadom
That explains why it wasn't riped yet..
Thanked by:
Well this is as much as I can rip from the ROM of the SNES version considering that I'm not as knowledgable on the SNES ripping side, I'm not even sure if it is complete since I have little experience of the game.

Hope that it is enough:
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2478/...player.png
Thanked by: Karadom
Ok thanks!
Thanked by:
(07-13-2010, 08:37 AM)Yawackhary Wrote: Well this is as much as I can rip from the ROM of the SNES version considering that I'm not as knowledgable on the SNES ripping side, I'm not even sure if it is complete since I have little experience of the game.

Hope that it is enough:
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2478/...player.png
If you make a savestate with ZSNES or SNES9x, you can open it with Tile Molester or vSNES.

Long story short:
[Image: smashtv.png]

Needs a crap load of assembling but it does give an idea of how many sprites it has.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by: