DOUGHNUT
[Image: doughnut.png]

I made a Doughnut...
Thanked by:
What can't I give this thread 5 stars?
Thanked by:
GASP! You'd give me 5 stars?
Thanked by:
You seriously think that the 'shading' on the 'ban hammer' is its best part? Well, I've gotta say that the shading is by no means good. The flat ends are pillow shaded and the longer part with the löetters wears a gradient wich doesn't give it any volume at all. Plus you have to change the shading when rotating the hammer (when pounding) because the position of the light source should not rotate with it.
You should take a look at this to get a basic idea on how to shade stuff so it doesn't look flat.

Also what's uo with the 2x character and the 1x instruments? Looks awful; they should all have the same pixel ratio.
Thanked by:
that was dull and horribly plain. i'd point that out before you get any wrong ideas it isnt.
Thanked by:
thanks a lot op

I was going to hold my piss in for the bathroom but now that you made me laugh so hard I had to go full blast in my pants

next time you make a (edit:*cough*pathetic*cough*) sheet like this at least warn us about it being a attempt trolling
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Well, it has been a while since I saw someone using FatSatan's PD musical instruments. And you didn't even recolored or tried to make them look different either.

Honestly, this "Donut" makes me believe that you recolored a power ring from Sonic Advanced games, added sticks for limbs and stock effects, copied the poses a few dozen times and called it a day.
Thanked by: Britt, Gwen, Marth
Correct. Except, I made the Doughnut Ring myself. Also, you guys are unfriendly assholes who obviously hate newcomers just because they sprite something you don't like. I understand all of the criticism and take it into account. It'll make all of my future sprites look much better. But I shall not post them here.
Truly, Incubator was right when he said
"Yep, thanks for the kind replies again. Nice community, i had nothing with anyone, but you guys are too retarded to realise it, and now that you pissed me off, you act like i started it.
I can tell that your dumb by calling me kid when you know nothing about me.

You're all retards, now please ban me!"

And Maneko, while I love your comic, you are very unfair and quick to judge.

I'll stick with my forum or the DBZ Vortex when I sprite from now on. They are both friendly communities who understand new spriters and help them improve. Bye.
Thanked by:
welp

besides the fact that most of us are brutally honest and if you *really* want to improve, this community is literally the best thing for you,

I'd also like to say that you including both a "ban-hammer" AND "Shoop Da Whoop" really prevents us from taking this seriously
at all

http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...748&page=1 and I can pretty much guarantee you haven't even looked at this thread, so yeah
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Why am I unfair and quick to judge?
It was because I said that this Doughnut was just the same sprite copied over and over with a set of stock "powers" and sticks for limbs copied, pasted and rotated to simulate "new" poses"?
Because bro, that's exactly what you did. Hell, you didn't even changed the doughnut's shape, only rotated it.

If you plan to keep ahead with this doughnut, I suggest you to edit some poses as if the doughnut were made of rubber to give more "weight" to it's movements, especially during it's jumping and attacking poses.
Think of Kirby's Wheel ability.
Thanked by:
@Maneko: the only things I said directed to you were
"Correct. Except, I made the Doughnut Ring myself...And Maneko, while I love your comic, you are very unfair and quick to judge."

@Rosencrantz: I did look at that topic and I did read it.
Thanked by:
have you tried putting these together to see how it'd look if it was looking in motion?
To be honest, I think quite a few of these would look pretty bad
Thanked by:
The main problem here is that you tried to do too much using too little, and it shows.
Thanked by:
(07-07-2010, 03:54 PM)Zone Z5 Wrote: @Rosencrantz: I did look at that topic and I did read it.

well then obviously you have not read it

(07-07-2010, 03:15 PM)Zone Z5 Wrote: Also, you guys are unfriendly assholes who obviously hate newcomers just because they sprite something you don't like. I understand all of the criticism and take it into account. It'll make all of my future sprites look much better. But I shall not post them here.

I'll give you props for being able to take criticism, but the rest of that is just

well

(06-26-2010, 01:00 AM)YONK!!! Wrote:
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN POSTING IN SPRITE DISCUSSION
2. If you get comments saying something along the lines of "your sprite sucks", don't complain. Instead, look at your sprite and try to figure out why it sucks. If you still can't figure out why after some time has passed, CALMLY(that's the important part, don't want to get added to the list of threads up there, do you?) reply to the post requesting that the poster be more specific

3. Blunt critique and comments are very common here. Do not complain about them or claim they are "trolling", you will almost instantly lose all respect and any chance for regaining that respect that you might have had

4. Don't expect lots of nice comments on your sprites if you're new here. Chances are, you suck. Not even kidding, you probably suck. You'll get advice, but you need to get past the part where you're not actually good at all so you can accept critique recieved here with a level head

but I think the serious thing you're breaking is number 5:

(06-26-2010, 01:00 AM)YONK!!! Wrote: 5. If people are being "mean" to you, it has nothing to do with you being new. You're just stupid. Seriously, you're just stupid.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Things aside, remember that even stick limbs need knees and elbows for correct movement animations.
Thanked by: