Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ezio - (Shading issues)
[Image: Ezio-Final-Sizescopy-1.png]

1.Now, I'm having some slight issues with the shading.
I feel it's too dark and when I add contrast, it didn't feel like the darkish scheme I was going for.
So I'm not quite sure to do with the palette.

2.The sprite also feels overly detailed. I don't know how I should simplify it.
What should I get rid of?

3. And of course, any C+C would be coo.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
lowering the color count can make your sprite simpler. Use less black lines because they hurt the readability.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Proton
I second that, try using less colors, that will make it easier for you to find the shading you need.
Life Is No Fun Without A Good Scare
Thanked by:
(07-02-2010, 01:48 PM)*Gorsal* Wrote: lowering the color count can make your sprite simpler. Use less black lines because they hurt the readability.

[Image: Ezio3.png]

Thanked by:
Holy crap that looks awesome!
[Image: multipost.png]
Thanked by:
in addition to the black lines comment, it might be a good idea to just simplify the design and remove a few parts of the sprite in the stomach area to help with readability

you seem to be trying to cram every possible identifiable trait that ezio has into this sprite and it just doesn't work because of its size
Thanked by: Proton
yeah.

one example of this would be the older FF games. The in-game sprites are totally different from the artwork because you simply can't represent all the details in a 16x16 square.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(07-02-2010, 03:30 PM)YONK!!! Wrote: in addition to the black lines comment, it might be a good idea to just simplify the design and remove a few parts of the sprite in the stomach area to help with readability

you seem to be trying to cram every possible identifiable trait that ezio has into this sprite and it just doesn't work because of its size

[Image: Ezioyonk-1.png]

Thanked by:
better!
by the way
graphicsgale says you're using 547 colors
i can see you maybe needing to use like 17 colors MAX, no clue how you managed to rack up that many colors
Thanked by:
(07-02-2010, 03:47 PM)YONK!!! Wrote: better!
by the way
graphicsgale says you're using 547 colors
i can see you maybe needing to use like 17 colors MAX, no clue how you managed to rack up that many colors

I think it was when I brought it into photoshop to quickly remove the black.

I can just go into Paint and clean the no. of colours.

Does anyone know how I can make the face look better?

Thanked by:
yeah, I'd avoid using photoshop for pixel art if that's the case
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
You don't NEED photoshop for spriting, but it's possible to use it. You only ever need the penic and erasor tools, and a check that anti-aliasing is turned off.

But yeah, Paint will do everything just fine.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
(07-02-2010, 06:07 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: You don't NEED photoshop for spriting, but it's possible to use it. You only ever need the penic and erasor tools, and a check that anti-aliasing is turned off.

But yeah, Paint will do everything just fine.

Yeah, I only use PS for tweaking colours and stuff.

Thanked by:
if that's the case i'd suggest you stop using both paint and photoshop for pixelling and just switch entirely to graphicsgale
since i have it open right now, i took a screenshot: poop

it takes some getting used to when switching from paint, but it's much more convenient overall. also right click palette swap is hella useful

the only downside to not buying it is that you can't save .gif files. you can still make them in the program, they'd just be unable to be exported as .gifs

/sales pitch
Thanked by:
(07-02-2010, 06:27 PM)YONK!!! Wrote: if that's the case i'd suggest you stop using both paint and photoshop for pixelling and just switch entirely to graphicsgale
since i have it open right now, i took a screenshot: poop

it takes some getting used to when switching from paint, but it's much more convenient overall. also right click palette swap is hella useful

the only downside to not buying it is that you can't save .gif files. you can still make them in the program, they'd just be unable to be exported as .gifs

/sales pitch

Oh, I have GG.
Full and what not.
I use it for .gifs.

EDIT:
[Image: Ezioyonk-2.png]

I changed the Colour Depth to 17 and finally got the colour the way I wanted it to.
Thanks a lot.

Thanked by: