Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][SCRAPPED] - Ocarina of Time 2D
A game i've thought about working on for a while and just started. I'm basically working on it by myself so I am in need of help from others. i'm mainly using Minish Cap graphics but much of the graphics need to be made from scratch. I'm using a program called Graal editor to make it all which is fairly easy way to go because it's inspired by Zelda 3 A link to the Past.

If you're interested, sign up at the OOT 2d website. I'd appreciate more members and any help I can get.
http://ocarinaoftime2d.webs.com/

Screenshot of Link's House
[Image: Link%27sHouseScreenshot.PNG]

For the many things that need to be fan-made, here's the stones and medallions I made using the kinstone colors from the Minish Cap.
[Image: Stonesandmedallions.PNG]
Thanked by:
Didn't someone try this already and it got directly canned by Nintendo or something?
Thanked by:
(06-24-2010, 05:04 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Didn't someone try this already and it got directly canned by Nintendo or something?

idk never heard of that o.O
I know some guy called Dampe was making one but stopped because he didn't want to finish it.
Thanked by:
No. They just stopped working on it.

Nintendo is actually pretty lax toward fangames.
iirc as long as you aren't profiting off their stuff, they don't care what you do with it
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
There have been a few OOT2D projects.
One of the guys was under so much pressure to finish it he faked his own death.

Another one of the projects received a cease and desist order from nintendo.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
Yeah, it was being made by a guy named TheRealMethuselah on the GMC.

This is the most I can find from it, I'm pretty sure this is the one that got C&D'd.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/gene...-game.html
Thanked by:
oh
nvm then
Thanked by:
so is this worth working on? It would suck if i was half way through the project and nintendo went after me
Thanked by:
is this for ds?
Thanked by: Gors, MoneyMan
are you kidding me
ugh
Thanked by: Gors, Vaati, MoneyMan, Rhyme, Marth
(06-25-2010, 01:46 AM)jobo the grim Wrote: is this for ds?

Yeah.

Can't wait.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
I'm sure Nintendo will be cool with it. I mean there's allready fan games on here that rip tons of nintendo sprites
Thanked by:
yes, it's worth it
just try not to get too much exposure before you have most of the game completed
only post it here
Thanked by:
Nintendo doesn't mind fangames because they're not related to any Zelda games-- however, a remake of one of their currently existing games is likely to not go well with them if it becomes popular enough, like TRM's OOT2D.
Thanked by:
(06-27-2010, 06:03 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Nintendo doesn't mind fangames because they're not related to any Zelda games-- however, a remake of one of their currently existing games is likely to not go well with them if it becomes popular enough, like TRM's OOT2D.
it's probably pushing it to say they "don't mind" fangames but unless there's money involved, or like you said if the game in question is effectively a remake of one of their own games, it's probably not worth dealing with

mfgg and zelda fangaming sites have been around for years and are still going so it's probably just them ignoring their existence
Thanked by: