Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Meat Boy
If you have seen this game, you're going to want to get this game.

If you haven't seen this game, look at this game and tell me you don't want to get this game.

If you've played the web game, you're definitely going to be getting this game. If you haven't, play the fucking web game right now.

Super Meat Boy is basically an incredible run-n-jump platformer about Meat Boy, a little man made of meat out to save his girlfriend, Bandage Girl, from the evil Dr. Fetus. There are tons of cameos from other indie games, the controls are very tight and responsive, the graphics are playfully attractive, and the gameplay is fucking awesome.

Day one purchase for me, and I'm pretty sure that this year is going to be the year of the independent game scene.

[Image: supermeatboy-pic_1243385882.jpg]
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
when does this come out again?
-goes back to playing the web game-
[Image: 1267492263072.jpg]
Thanked by:
(06-18-2010, 06:22 PM)breebreecrabcore Wrote: when does this come out again?
-goes back to playing the web game-

Later this year, according to the team.
Thanked by:
I personally am amped for this game I love time guzzler games like this where you can get past one level then you fire storm through it then get stuck. There should be scores for some shit that happens cause it honestly feels so much like N+ but more cool cause he's a boy! and he's meat!
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
(06-18-2010, 06:15 PM)TheProtalGruru Wrote: If you have seen this game, you're going to want to get this game.

If you haven't seen this game, look at this game and tell me you don't want to get this game.

Hi.

I don't want this game.
Thanked by: Shawn, Iceman404, JackMan
I heard about it, but it really just looks like some generic platformer just dodging saws.

I'll pass
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Iceman404
Hi, I don't want this game

one things

the web version is pretty, but that's about it. the developer doesn't know how to program in good control to save his fuckin life, and when people called him out on the game controlling like a mad piece of shit, he said it's because the game is 'retro' (because old games = bad control ;I)
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by: Iceman404
So I have tried the web version, and you know what...

The game is pretty retarded. to be honest I don't blame it on the controls entirely, but it's the design of the levels. I had never played a game with such shitty design it almost makes superman 64 look good. Take it like this: Trying to jump over a saw but you end up getting ripped into shreds of beef? Or do you constantly land in a pit of fire and roast up like steak? It's like the developers spent 2 days on this and just called it quits to say "OKAY LETS PUT THIS ON THE NET AND SEE WHAT EVERYONE THINKS".

Unless the can pull it together and not make it some HD port, then they won't get that much cash of of this decayed piece of meat.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(06-18-2010, 06:15 PM)TheProtalGruru Wrote: If you haven't seen this game, look at this game and tell me you don't want to get this game.
I don't want to get this game.
Thanked by: Gwen, Helmo, Iceman404
Welp, the game comes out next week. Sorry for the necroposting, but it's a current topic now. I'll be getting it, but I'm assuming most everyone else won't.
Thanked by:
i liked meat boy but idk if i'm getting super meat boy. it doesn't really seem like there's much else to do with the idea except snazz up the graphics.
Thanked by:
(10-11-2010, 08:27 PM)Robert Paulson Wrote: I'm assuming most everyone else won't.

Well seeing you are the only one that is getting it, you are right there.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
ThePortalGuru : The story of a man who had infinite money supplies.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
(10-12-2010, 02:02 PM)Noise Breaker Wrote:
(10-11-2010, 08:27 PM)Robert Paulson Wrote: I'm assuming most everyone else won't.

Well seeing you are the only one that is getting it, you are right there.

FINALLY SOMEONE LIKES I GAME I LIKE
Thanked by:
I really, really want to like Meat Boy, because the graphics are well designed and the guys behind it seem pretty much awesome
but the controls are a bit temperamental.

I mean, if I have some guarantee that the pay-for version has better controls, I might be convinced to buy it, but I dunno.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by: