Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Super Mario Kart Spriters Needed!
I am working on a project, and it heavily involves custom sprite communities. I am making a Super Mario Kart hack with custom music, graphics (everything. racers, track, title, ect.) and tracks. I am going to need the help of lots of people, so it's not really my personal hack where I give credit. It's going to be a team hack. All of the names of people who helped will be all over the place. On banners or billboards in the track, in the credits (of course) and (maybe) on the title screen. However, it will still be presented by me, but everyone who participates will be able to freely distribute that hack in whatever way they like (I mean the way they present it. It WILL be an IPS patch!). In other words, underneath the title it will say everyone's names and "Presented by Lieutenant Pie" or I am going to ask for the partnership of whoever enjoys making custom SMK sprites (this is you) and that one person who makes it possible to put MML files in SMK and M64 and also hacks other stuff (like making the character select different). I am leaving the track design mostly up to me, but if everyone agrees, the fourth cup will have tracks by the other participants. I will also try to do most of the track graphics, but if I have difficulty I will again get some more partners. I may also rip some from Street Racer, as it is a clone of SMK. I know that there are already a lot of custom characters, but I need a complete spritesheet like this (some still missing). The characters I will use are below, and I will cross them off the list and put the spriter's name next to the character if someone wants to make a spritesheet of that character. Also, two will be unlockable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character select:

1. Yun (Street Fighter III)

2. Yang (Street Fighter III) NOTE: Luigi shares his body sprites with Mario, which means that the only thing you have to do with Yang's sprite is recolor Yun's sprite and make a new head. The head and the palette are the only things different between the two. The rest is shared. Thank you.

3. Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)

4. Dhalsim (Street Fighter II)

5. Guile (Street Fighter II)

6. Combot (Tekken 4)

7. (Hidden) Jin Kazama (Tekken)

8. (Hidden) Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

NOTE (applies to all): The front and rear sprites for every character are mirrored, meaning that they must be symmetrical. If a character's design is asymmetrical, then feel free to make asymmetrical front and rear sprites, so long as you also make symmetrical ones. I'm working on trying to make them asymmetrical by expanding the ROM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: This is a TEAM hack. It's not just a "I'll give you credit" situation. Everyone will be credited on the title screen, on the track and in the credits. And on top of that, everyone gets to be involved in decision making.

I look forward to doing this hack with you guys!

EDIT: Flare made me realize that people might be more inclined to help if I put screenshots of my progress on the hack. Just to show everyone that I actually am going to put the sprites to good use and that they have a reason to help me. I'll start with what Flare requested: Proof that I can hack the sprites into SMK.
Yun Sprite progress link link
Taurine tastes good.
[Image: bf2edb357973bfce677e5fa2eb70b75b.gif]
Thanked by:
Uh, what? You could at the very least have a line up in mind, before demanding others to assist you - because otherwise it's even more like other people doing everything for you.

And what's wrong with the large list of existing SMK custom sprites again?
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Video 
(06-14-2010, 03:55 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Uh, what? You could at the very least have a line up in mind, before demanding others to assist you - because otherwise it's even more like other people doing everything for you.

And what's wrong with the large list of existing SMK custom sprites again?

I'm not trying to get people to do everything. I just know that some custom SMK sheets are not suitible to be put in the game (some sprites missing). I put an example of the ripped one because that sheet has every sprite of one character, and the game uses every last one. If there are not enough, then Megaman for example could randomly turn into Mario if he's not close enough to the player. I also wasn't demanding help. It is true that this hack needs team members, but I should have summarized. Basically all I was asking was for someone who likes making SMK sprites to make one sheet (unless they want to make more) with all of the sprites required by the game for it to work properly and the OPTION to make a custom track for the fourth (or if possible, fifth) cup in the game. IF THEY DO ACCEPT, they become a member of the team and are NOT REQUIRED to do any more work. It's also reassurance that instead of getting credit, they get their names put all over the place, not to mention in the credits. They also get to MAKE IMPORTANT DECISIONS for the hack, such as characters (which will be decided before people take slots in the first post). This way, they MAKE ONLY WHAT THEY WANT and not some guy's request. It's not my hack, it's EVERYONE'S HACK. That's the point of a team hack. It's not like they help out. They are part of the team and influence many aspects of the hack. You see, this isn't a mere request. It's recruitment. But that doesn't make what I'm requesting any harder or anything. Now do you understand?
Taurine tastes good.
Thanked by:
Just thought I'd point out, since nobody as of yet has voted on what characters will be in the game, people can always come up with their own ideas of characters. For example, if there's a certain character that you think would be awesome in Super Mario Kart and you have the ability to make it, you can say who the character is and I'll add the character to the slot thing in my first post.
Taurine tastes good.
Thanked by:
jesus christ at least and some line breaks to your walls of text.

also if it isn't your "personal" project, then why on earth should we bother making more sprites when we already have a dozen? seems like a waste to me.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
As I said before, Super Mario Kart uses sprites that aren't in those sheets. I have an example here, and even then there's some sprites that are in the game that aren't in that sheet (I'm working on getting an example with every last sprite). There's just the basic driving sprites at different zoom levels, victory, staff roll, and I think there's some for the grand prix finish. We're voting on what category of characters to use(looks like OCs are winning, but I think I might remove that one because I think it would be a bit of a pain), then we'll vote on what characters. After that, I'll fill in those slots in the first post and people can start making graphics.

In short, the game uses more sprites than the sheets up here now, and will not work without them which is why there would have to be new sheets made specifically for use in the game. Also, we're not at the point where people can start making sprites. We're still deciding what group, then what specific characters.
Taurine tastes good.
Thanked by:
UPDATE: Looks like the poll was a 3 way tie between OC's, Nintendo characters and characters from other games. I personally like characters from other games the most, so FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, PLEASE POST THE CHARACTERS YOU THINK SHOULD BE IN THE GAME AND I WILL ADD THEM TO THE SLOTS IN THE FIRST POST SO PEOPLE CAN CLAIM THE SPOTS AND WORK ON THE SPRITES.
Taurine tastes good.
Thanked by:
just in case, no one around here takes polls seriusly, no one did probably, so i would just discard doing so.

and no one seems to be interested at all in being part of this seeing as no one shown any interest in this for two long weeks.
Thanked by:
Jesus should be unlockable; same with Chuck Norris.
Thanked by:
Well maybe this thread would be better off in the games development for now?
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
Since nobody has provided any input (except 34®ß0*3®), I decided that I will start filling in slots by myself AND IF ANYBODY HAS A BETTER IDEA, THEY CAN POST IT. NOW PEOPLE CAN START CLAIMING SLOTS AND MAKE SPRITES (after I get a better example sheet).
Obviously, slots 4 and 5 are empty. Plenty of people voted in the last poll, so this one is going to be which 2 characters will be in slots 4 and 5. And yes, Jesus and Chuck Norris are contenders. We might even switch around Jin and Ryu so they can be hidden. I just didn't think that Jesus was the best idea since there are many religions and a lot of them don't have Jesus in them. Myself being an Atheist and having Jewish and Hindu friends, I know how having everything exclusively about Christianity can be irritating. Not many people include figures from other religions (or lack thereof) in anything with the exception of Jesus. I also think it's a bit of a sensitive topic and would like not to exclude any one group. If Jesus were to be in the game, so would Darwin and Buddha and all of the other religious figures. There would not be enough characters to make new graphics for, even if there were to be a Super Religion Kart. It's just won't work.
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to edit or delete a poll without deleting the thread to the site), so this one is going to have to be done USING POSTS. PLEASE POST THE NAME OF THE CHARACTER YOU WISH TO VOTE FOR. YOU CAN ALSO SUBMIT AN IDEA FOR A CHARACTER AND YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY HAVE VOTED FOR IT. MAXIMUM 2 VOTES. Thank you. (new
Taurine tastes good.
Thanked by:
theres no need to get snappy

if your really that eager to get votes, go to MFGG, we won't be helpful because we couldn't give a shit on what you put in our game

also, 34®ß0*3® wasn't serious about Jesus and Chuck Norris. are you like, 9 to fall for that one?
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I've deleted your Poll for you.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Do you know how to pallete hack?
Cus if not this will be dificult.
[Image: multipost.png]
Thanked by:
What a random roster.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by: