Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions
People usually wonder what Pokémon are destined to evolve or get a pre-evolution. Currently some are stuck the way they are and seem to have little to no chance of an evolution or having a baby form.

However there is still hope, this here is a list I constructed of who has a likely chance of evolving whether it be gen V or for future generations, there are still many Pokémon who can still get some.

(REMEMBER) Some however like Seviper and Zangoose are very unlikely to get anything, but it's still worth to take a look and hope for a chance:

Basic Pokémon that can only evolve (They cannot have pre-evolutions):

Farfetch'd
Delibird
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Stantler
Spinda
Castform
Kecleon
Luvdisc
Plusle
Minun
Pachirisu
Chatot

Basic Pokémon that can have both either a pre-evolution or evolution:

Lickitung (Pre-evolution only)
Kangaskhan
Lapras
Pinsir
Tauros
Heracross
Girafarig
Shuckle
Corsola
Skarmory
Miltank
Tropius
Seviper
Zangoose
Torkoal
Sableye
Mawile
Absol
Lunatone
Solrock
Illumise
Volbeat
Carnivine

Pokémon that can have alternative evolutions/still evolve:

All other Basic/1st Stage Pokémon with an evolutionary line.

Pokémon that will most likely not get anything:

Ditto (Can transform into anything and revert back, cannot have a permanent change of form)

Spiritomb (It was formed into what it was, could not have evolved from anything and possibly doesn't poses the ability to evolve)

Rotom (Due to it's forms, Rotom can become stronger without evolving)

Unown (It's pretty much said here, we'll only have to wait and see if Gamefreak decides to do anything else with them)

Relicanth (Although it has the eligibility to have an evo/baby, due to it's form not changing for millions of years, it's unlikely it will get anything, still a slight chance, but too unlikely)

Aerodactyl (Also eligible for both, but like Relicanth, chances are too low, mostly because it's a fossil, so it's only chances are for evolution only. Gamefreak could change something here as well as for others, but Aerodactyl seems fine the way he is)

Smeargle (Not saying he doesn't deserve anything, but the more generations we get the better he becomes, with Gen V coming with newer and better moves, this might make Smeargle MUCH better)

Some others mentioned on the list such as Kangaskhan, Plusle/Minun, novelty, other gender/regular counterpart Pokémon, and other form changing Pokémon also have an unlikely/0% chance as well, but due to some's stats and little usage in competitive play (Farfetch'd/Delibird), they might need something, so they're worth a mention. Although, moves/ability additions could boost them a bit instead of an evolution/baby form to obtain a move. Some are also perfect the way they are (Heracross), so they may not need anything to gain an advantage in battle.

So in the end, most of these Pokémon have a chance at something, and some don't. There could be a change in the future where those who don't have access to pre-evolutions now will have some, so now all we can do is hope and see where Gamefreak takes these Pokémon in future gens. Hope this list helps! (even for fan ideas)

This will also be updated with Gen V Pokémon who may get some unfair treatment.
Thanked by:
Farfetch'd will never get an ANYTHING. Farfetch'd has unfortunately been a shitty Pokemon all its life, which is a shame because it has a lot of potential. It must have knocked someone's coffee over at Game Freak or something for them to punish it the way they do.
Thanked by:
I agree. I can't see him evolving either, as much as he deserves something, I think he's cursed forever.
Thanked by:
Most baby Pokemon suck.

Farfetch'd can be that sucky 'baby' Pokemon.
Thanked by:
I dunno, you'd think Tangela would be the same way, and then Tangrowth came along. Pinsir is my #1 hopeful for an evolution.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Gold, Zac
Thank god for tangrowth because he's a powerhouse on my wifi team now.
Thanked by:
(06-11-2010, 10:27 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I dunno, you'd think Tangela would be the same way, and then Tangrowth came along. Pinsir is my #1 hopeful for an evolution.
Tangela doesn't have great stats, but they're passable at least. Farfetch'd stats just SUCK, and have only gotten WORSE, no discussion necessary.
Thanked by:
Come on Dunsparce. Sad
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
(06-11-2010, 10:33 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(06-11-2010, 10:27 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I dunno, you'd think Tangela would be the same way, and then Tangrowth came along. Pinsir is my #1 hopeful for an evolution.
Tangela doesn't have great stats, but they're passable at least. Farfetch'd stats just SUCK, and have only gotten WORSE, no discussion necessary.

All the more reason to give him a new evo.
Or they could be lame and give Blissey a fourth form.
Thanked by:
Come on, Ferreon and Toxeon

yes, I'd love more Eevee evos
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: Gold, Ton, Kite, Jovian-12, Maxpphire
Hoping for a Notowl evolution.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
If they gave Wobbuffet an evo that could learn recover... Oh god the horror.

They should make a Ms. Mime. If a female Mime Jr. learns some copying move, it evolves into her. It's just weird having a girl Mr. Mime.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-11-2010, 11:37 PM)Chdonga Wrote: If they gave Wobbuffet an evo that could learn recover... Oh god the horror.

They should make a Ms. Mime. If a female Mime Jr. learns some copying move, it evolves into her. It's just weird having a girl Mr. Mime.

blame the english translators, mr. mime doesnt have a gender-based name in japan (its name is barrierd) and mime jr is called manene, so he was ok to get genders in japan.

but over here, didnt work out as well with the english name.
Thanked by:
Mime Sr.
(06-11-2010, 11:02 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote:
(06-11-2010, 10:33 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:

All the more reason to give him a new evo.
Or they could be lame and give Blissey a fourth form.
Yeah, but the point is they're not going to. Farfetch'd will be doomed to suck forever. The guys at Game Freak literally despise the poor guy and have done nothing but punish him game after game.
Thanked by: