Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Stencyl Project - Project Playland
I'm working on a new, original video game for the StencylWorks platform. The game will be a non-linear RPG, with a variety of characters, enviroments, and weapons: as a result, there will be many sprites needed.

As I post these sprites on this thread, I'd appreciate any constructive criticism.

[Image: pppreviewsh9.png]
Thanked by:
(the main characters a bear!?) (nice dinosaur =])
brb crying over evangelion 3.0
Thanked by:
is the main character... a teddy bear?

nice art style btw.
i'm learning how to sprite. Big Grin

OGG=oh goodness gracious!
Thanked by:
Can you give me a link to the download please? Also your characters are very well detailed, good job.
Thanked by:
Cor4fc Wrote:Can you give me a link to the download please? Also your characters are very well detailed, good job.

The game isn't made yet.
Thanked by:
Bear Vs Dino....
BEAR WINS!
Dazz Wrote:I might be awesome, but I'm not super human.

[Image: xs28iqty.png]
Click here to level up my card!
Thanked by:
The main character is a teddy bear. Don't like it? Deal with it. ><

The dinosaur is just a sample of the massive enemies you'll face throughout the game.
Thanked by:
hey, no one said that teddy as teh maion char was bad, we were surprised cuz we're... erm... used to humans. ^^
Thanked by:
thornmask Wrote:hey, no one said that teddy as teh maion char was bad, we were surprised cuz we're... erm... used to humans. ^^

Guess SOMEBODY here never played Sonic or Conker's Bad Fur Day.

But more to the point, Teddy bear can be well done. It just had poor readability. The stitching on the limbs can be reduced to a lighter color. Also what is that line in the middle of his leg supposed to be?

Thanked by:
I'm sick of them. At least the bear is unique. Smile
Thanked by:
Jesse Wrote:I'm sick of them. At least the bear is unique. Smile

sick of what?

i think it's a unique idea. i'll help in any way i can. Big Grin

Thanked by:
yeah, bear is unique. Zee, i was forgetting Sonic and whos conkers bad fur day!?
Thanked by:
you don't know who Conker is? he's basicly a Bada$$ squirrle with gun's and other... odd... weapons.

Thanked by:
back on topic, whats the story behind this unique stencyl project, Jesse? =D
Thanked by:
@ Mario: Sick of being a human all the time, that's what.
@ Zee: Moar stitching.
@ Thornmask:

The storyline, since it's non-linear, will be quite simple. Your sister bas become awfully sick and you need to cure her, but you're out of money. You decide to go to an uncharted island and hunt for treasures and rare items from unexplored, dangerous lands and enemies that you've never seen before.
You need to use the resources around you to survive, and to earn money for your sister. For example, killing a frog will get you poison, which you can fill into your quiver to make your arrows poisonous. You can also kill less deadly monsters, like rabbits/bunnies (aww) and get cotton from their tails to heal your wounds (since you're made of cotton).

The dinosaur you see above is quite rare, so his teeth could either be sold for a lot of money, or used as a deadly weapon. There's all sorts of choices you make that can affect the game - it's non-linear. You don't even have to fight the dinosaur in the first place - as long as you get the money, you're fine.

Although hunting is quite a dangerous way to get money, it's the bear's best talent. Deal with it, cause he's not going into the stock market, opening a business, getting a loan, or getting a job. Those are no fun. Hunting is.
Thanked by: