Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[G] Emerald Sprites in HG/SS style + other sprites
I'm kinda new here and new at spriting, so cut me some slack please Cute

Well after days of leaving MS Paint untouched I decided to start a little project
I've decided to revamp all the important/main characters from the R/S/E games, but I'll probably only do the Gym Leaders & Elite 4 (inc. Champion)

Updated
[Image: finishedd.png]

Edited May's hat and added Brendan and May in their R/S clothing gear.
[Image: rseheroes.png]

I hope you all like it :-)

Comments, rates and improvements?

EDIT: (Other sprites)

and here's a pixel over I did of Silver a few months back
[Image: silverpixeloverfin.png]

and some revamps I did a few months back:
[Image: celebipost.png]

a Piplup repose (one on the left is original sprite)
[Image: piplup2.png]
[Image: piplup2.png]

a Chikorita sprite based on the sugimori art
[Image: chikorita1.png]

a Magikarp pixel-over sprite that I've started, might finish it some time later
[Image: magikarp.png]

a repose of the HG/SS sprite of Silver, I also decided to animate it
[Image: normalstart6560470708ia.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-04-2010, 09:21 PM)gtfo Wrote: I'm kinda new here and new at spriting, so cut me some slack please Cute

Well after days of leaving MS Paint untouched I decided to open it up and whip something up.
I ended up revamping the Emerald Hero sprite of Brendan to make him look like a HG/SS sprite

[Image: brendananimation.gif]
Decided to create the 2 walking frames aswell and animate it Big Grin

I hope you all like it :-)

Comments, rates and improvements?

~ Greg
Pretty nice if you just started, good job.
Thanked by:
Heheh thanks Smile

I've decided to revamp the important characters from Emerald, mainly the Gym leaders and Elite 4.
Thanked by:
its funny how many names people can elaborate to not make it sound as what they are: sprite edits(and tracing).

the very first thing i'd like to recommend with an added emphasis is that, while its ok to make these and you'd certainly not get as much merit around this particular forums and eventually you'll end being ignored most of the time. i'm going to encourage you to simply quit sprite edits and start working on making stuff on your own. that means draw stuff on your own, learning to shade it on your own, and so on. if you ever need the help or feedback to do so, we'll be here.
I think the HG/SS style overworlds are done really nicely, you've obviously got the hang of the style well.

And as for the pixel-overs, sure they don't take a lot of skill, but they'll help you move onto real spriting, so well done with those too.
Thanked by:
at least make wally actually look like himself, and not base it off that stupid sprite from rse.
Thanked by:
(06-05-2010, 12:48 PM)JarJar Wrote: at least make wally actually look like himself, and not base it off that stupid sprite from rse.

I don't really know what Wally looks like :s
I've just based everything off the sprites from R/S/E

Is this any better?
[Image: wally1.png]
If not, what changes do I need to add?

~ Greg
Thanked by:
There's some official art of him here that would make a great reference.
Thanked by:
Any better?
[Image: wally2.png]

Edit:
Professor Birch
[Image: walkingbirch.gif]
Thanked by:
You know, you could start a sprite project to make overworld for all characters in Pokemon Emerald into HGSS style. You would probably have a good amount of people working on it to, I know I'd help. Also, move the eyes closer to the nose on the Silver pixel over.
mod edit - Your signature is way too big. Fix it
Thanked by:
Decided to restart my Emerald Sprite project:

Here's what I have so far
[Image: emerald3.png]
Thanked by:
I love your custom emerald sprites, they look pretty darn real, great work I'd love to see more from you!
Hello, I’m Cloud
My Gamer Tag is XCloudX09
My Xfire is xcloudxx2009
My Deviantart is CL09
Thanked by:
:l

I'm not even gonna ask on how to improve Birch, his hair just did my head in :l... and I still don't think it looks right

[Image: emeraldsprites.png]
Thanked by:
Hey, could I help sheet May and Brendan?
mod edit - Your signature is way too big. Fix it
Thanked by:
By "help sheet" do you mean create sheets for them? Like all the different poses, etc?

(Sorry, I'm not really up with all the spriting terms)
Thanked by: