Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How do you rip Models
Someone seriously teach me how to do this and Kefka from Dissadia (and probably the rest of the characters too if no one else is doing them) will be done.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
It honestly depends heavily on the game and what engine it uses. For Dissidia, the only program that'll rip models from it is Mesh2RDM which you can get here: http://www.richwhitehouse.com/index.php?...php#prjmp4
You'll also need GitMO which you can also find further down on the same page to extract the models from the archive they're stored in. The archive is a huge .bin archive that's called Package.bin or something if IIRC. It shouldn't be too hard to find in the ISO.

Getting it ready for submission actually a fairly easy process. All you really need to do is make sure that when you submit your model that the textures are assigned properly, the textures are in .PNG format, and that the models are in .DAE and .OBJ format. You can include other formats as well for the models, but those formats are required.
Alright, I'll dabble with it a little bit and see what I get. Thanks a bunch Heart

Now what if i want to do a PS2 game? I'm thinking of doing Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
Google is your friend. But honestly I will post a tutorial eventually.
Oh and, I'm already doing Dissidia. Feel free to do it though, cause I won't get to it for a while
Thanked by:
(06-04-2010, 04:38 PM)DahremRuhar Wrote: Google is your friend. But honestly I will post a tutorial eventually.
Oh and, I'm already doing Dissidia. Feel free to do it though, cause I won't get to it for a while

That'd be great if you could do some tutorials. Just as before there wasn't really a site where models from many different types of games could be formally archived, you still have to do a bit of searching a lot of the time to find tutorials for a lot of things.

(06-04-2010, 03:54 PM)Kat Wrote: Alright, I'll dabble with it a little bit and see what I get. Thanks a bunch Heart

Now what if i want to do a PS2 game? I'm thinking of doing Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle.

No problem. Smile Good luck.

For PS2 games though unfortunately there really has to be a tool specifically designed specifically to rip from them. There are tools akin to print screen, but for 3d models, but the only print screen style rippers that exist don't support PCSX2 correctly, the only real emulator for those games. You can get textures from them still with that kind of tool, but you probably won't be able to get any models. Sorry about that.

And just in case you wanted to rip from one of the consoles in the next few sentences, I figure I may as well warn you before hand. The same problem also occurs for Dreamcast games as for PS2 games unfortunately. For Xbox games, the sad thing is that a prints screen style ripper would probably work because of how the console renders its games, but the only real emulator for them isn't far enough in development to really use for anything.
Thanked by:
(06-04-2010, 04:38 PM)DahremRuhar Wrote: Google is your friend. But honestly I will post a tutorial eventually.

Can I at least do Kefka?

And thanks Shadowth
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
Go ahead
Thanked by:
Thanks Cute I have a big raging fangirl boner for him Cute
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
That's...... interesting.
Thanked by:
Well I like my villains in games and movies and such. Kefka is basically one of the only ones to have brought on the apocalypse to end the world and became a god while at it. No other villain that I really know of has gotten so close to doing so as Kefka did so thats the reason.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
Thanked by:
I am so fucking ripping Jet Set Radio if I can learn how to do this.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
I'll like rip psx model and I'll like find a tool wich can rip a model directly from a iso or from a savestate. And I'll like rip psp model also (from the yugioh tag force serie)
Thanked by:
I wouldn't mind finding out how the DS handles its 3D models. I'm pretty interested in Custom Robo Arena's and Starforce's 3D.

MegaRock.exe probably knows - but I dunno if he even posts here much anymore...
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
(06-06-2010, 11:59 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: I wouldn't mind finding out how the DS handles its 3D models. I'm pretty interested in Custom Robo Arena's and Starforce's 3D.

MegaRock.exe probably knows - but I dunno if he even posts here much anymore...
As far as I know, only the 'NSBMD tool' by kiwi.ds can display most the models from ds games (if they are in the nitro format .nsbmd). You can find it here (you'll need to register though, and the forum's quite inactive). Some models do not come out right (or crash the program), but if they do show up correctly you'll still have to use something else to rip the model from the tool.

I might make a converter this holiday, but no promises there.
Thanked by:
(06-06-2010, 06:24 AM)metaldodomon Wrote: I'll like rip psx model and I'll like find a tool wich can rip a model directly from a iso or from a savestate. And I'll like rip psp model also (from the yugioh tag force serie)

Well you can't really rip models through savestates as easily as you can with sprites unless you have a tool that'll extract/convert the models in the iso in the first place usually. You may be able to rip from an emulator if it uses a direct x plugin, but I really don't know if it would rip right or not.

As for ripping PSP models, you'll want to try the method I gave earlier for ripping from Dissidia as quite a few PSP games use that format IIRC. If you can't rip from the game that way though, unfortunately there's not really any emulator to rip from so you'll be out of luck.

(06-05-2010, 06:31 PM)TheProtalGruru Wrote: I am so fucking ripping Jet Set Radio if I can learn how to do this.

Unfortunately, I don't know that its possible to rip from that game. I went and looked at the ISO and while there are some textures you can get from it, I couldn't even find where the models are stored. It was odd too because there was a model directory, but there was nothing in it and nowhere else obvious where the models may have been stored. If I had to guess I'd say they're in a format specific to that game, but if that's the case then its probably impossible to rip them from the ISO. If I think of some way to rip it later I'll tell you, but at the moment I'm pretty clueless on how you could go about it.
Thanked by: