Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME][UNPAID TEAM][SCRAPPED] - Twilight Crescendo
My team, the Mint Crew, needs a pixel artist for our game project, Twilight Crescendo

[Image: twilightcrescendologoby.jpg]

Our page is: http://project-garnia.deviantart.com/

Basic Plot:
Twilight Crescendo takes place in the town of Altair. The story follows one of four young heroes (Gladis, Tadd, Jenene or Wave), who was found under mysterious circumstances as an infant on the eve of the Twilight Festival. Sixteen years later, the next Twilight Festival is underway, but is interrupted by a terrible roar. Heading to investigate, our hero becomes embroiled in a conflict between the Stars and a lone Starsinger.

Genre: Action-Adventure/Beat-em-Up. The gameplay is a mix of the 8-bit Megaman games and Castlevania.

Job Details:

The pixel artist is responsible for characters & backgrounds. Our modeler will assist them. This character is your audition. Please make an idle full-bodied sprite of her: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7304/gladis1.jpg

Please look at this (http://www.spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/soulnomad/) and this (http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/prinny/) to get an understanding of the sprite dimensions needed.

If you are interested, please send me a message.

(Our game has the possibly of being an XBLA (X-Box Live Arcade) title. One of our programmers has the means to do this. This means that even though the project is unpaid, we could all gain profit from the title release.)
[Image: H4KAm.gif]
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
Please have at least some of the content describing the game in your opening post, if you don't mind.

Having all the content just linked elsewhere is considered advertising here.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Done. Is it okay now?
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
Art? Screenshots? Characters? But yeah, that's somewhat better.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
(06-02-2010, 07:34 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Art? Screenshots? Characters? But yeah, that's somewhat better.

We're redesigning the characters at the moment. So far, this is the only one we can showcase:

[Image: gladis1.jpg]
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
Beat em' up or shotting em up'?
I could help you with ideas?
Thanked by:
Action/adventure

We don't really need any ideas. Just capable spriters.
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
well, i like the first design..
i'll see how this goes then apply if i get bored/interested.
[Image: 1267492263072.jpg]
Thanked by:
(06-02-2010, 03:42 PM)lionel richie Wrote: well, i like the first design..
i'll see how this goes then apply if i get bored/interested.

We still need pixel artists though.
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
Does the pixel artist get paid??

And do you have any screen shots or example sprites you want your sprites to be in?
[Image: Intro_Project2_zpsa3f9d668.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-03-2010, 10:50 AM)Ran Master 27 Wrote: Does the pixel artist get paid??

And do you have any screen shots or example sprites you want your sprites to be in?

Please read:

Quote:-Our game has the possibly of being an XBLA (X-Box Live Arcade) title. One of our programmers has the means to do this. This means that even though the project is unpaid, we could all gain profit from the title release.

No screenshots yet. I don't understand your other question though.
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
(06-03-2010, 08:00 PM)DragonBoy Wrote: No screenshots yet. I don't understand your other question though.

What kind of sprites are you looking for?

8-Bit like sprites? High quality sprites?
Larger type sprites like SF or smaller sized sprites relatable to the Mario Series??

Specifics please.
[Image: Intro_Project2_zpsa3f9d668.gif]
Thanked by:
What type of weapon will she be using? I need to know so I can put her in the stance that will accommodate the weapon for it's best use.
Thanked by:
Sorry to let you down, but the promise of "A split of the profits" won't sway most pixel artists. Unless you have the kind of budget to pay a pixel artist well, most of the folks here are going to turn down the offer. Hand-drawn art and animation is one thing, and I'm sure there'd be some people more-than-willing to do it for free, but pixel art is a long, strenuous process, and unless they're working for themselves, hardly any of them will do it for free.

I do think your project looks interesting, no doubt about it, and I certainly hope it does well, but pixel artists here well know that development on a game could easily be cancelled. A planned out budget and even pay reassures them that the developers are indeed very serious about the project, and thus you would be more likely to hire one of them. Hell, Tyvon, one of the mods here, just got a job at Nicalis Inc., the company who ported Cave Story to Wiiware.

So again, wish you much luck, and hope you find an artist at some point, but I'm just making your request realistic. It probably won't get much attention by the more seasoned pixel artists here if there isn't some sort of pay backing it.

EDIT: The concept art and progress you've made so far is pretty good. I really do hope someone here decides to work with you, or at least some sort of pixel artist, as you seem very dedicated to finishing this.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
I want to see a demo first.
Thanked by: