Scratched/edited BW sprites Cute

[Image: Shadow_and_Clear_starters18666.png]

yaaaaaaaay
Thanked by:
These need work, sprite discussion
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
Pretty nice, but the shading bothers me.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
(05-29-2010, 08:30 AM)Lexou Wrote: Pretty nice, but the shading bothers me.

Same here...
Try shading better possible!
Also the legendaries has confirmed, why do you not give an try?
Take a look:
http://gamerant.com/pokemon-black-white-...ash-23221/
Thanked by:
Well, what is it about the shading that bother's both of you? Do you find it to be too blocky, or something else? It's just that the more specific you are, the more helpful it is for me to improve.

Yeah, I will give the legendaries a shot at some point.

also, @Tea - It would be nice if you told me what was wrong instead of just saying they need work >_>

yaaaaaaaay
Thanked by:
Well, first of all, the palettes are badly chosen, looks too JPEGish.
Second, on the pig (pokebu, I think) it's basically one shade of orange with darker orange around the outlines. Shade him as if there was an actual light source
Basically, it's that and some minor imperfections.
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: Baegal
Okay, thanks for the advice:

1. The colours were taken from the official artwork. Should i try taking a different shade from the art, or try getting the colours from an existing sprite with similair colours?
2. Ach, i knew i forgot something! I forgot the lighter shade of orange, thanks Cute

yaaaaaaaay
Thanked by:
(05-29-2010, 01:58 PM)Delta-Infection Wrote: Okay, thanks for the advice:

1. The colours were taken from the official artwork. Should i try taking a different shade from the art, or try getting the colours from an existing sprite with similair colours?
2. Ach, i knew i forgot something! I forgot the lighter shade of orange, thanks Cute

1. Yeah, use Heartgold/soulsilver sprites for palette references.

2.Hum, you should add some more dark. You wanna have as much middle shade as light and dark, approximately.
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanked by:
(05-29-2010, 03:23 PM)Lexou Wrote:
(05-29-2010, 01:58 PM)Delta-Infection Wrote: Okay, thanks for the advice:

1. Yeah, use Heartgold/soulsilver sprites for palette references.

2.Hum, you should add some more dark. You wanna have as much middle shade as light and dark, approximately.

1. Okay, I'll work on that right away ^-^
2. Okay, more dark. Thanks ^-^

[Image: Shadow_and_Clear_starters86933.png]

Hows that?

yaaaaaaaay
Thanked by:
Much nicer, but the smug grass one looks off, I think it is the eye and the shading on the lighter parts.
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
Change the palette on ALL of them, not just piggy.
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanked by:
Oh right, okay, I thought you meant just Pokabu.

[Image: Shadow_and_Clear_starters41715.png]

any better?

yaaaaaaaay
Thanked by:
Good, now :
Shade the chin on the sea-otter thingy.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but piggy's neck is wierd.
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanked by:
The poses are mega boring. Try spicing them up! Give them personality
Thanked by: Rhyme
Okay, I'll add some more shading on Mijumaru

And, will i try making a few versions of piggy with different neck shading?

Um, well, I'm not all that good at scratching, and I will be making new poses at some point.

yaaaaaaaay
Thanked by: