Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Game] Polyhedron Designs - A Stencyl Team
[Image: polyhedrondesignscopytk2.png]
Welcome to Polyhedron Designs!

(Sorry if this post is not allowed or in the wrong place.)

Formerly Stencyl Studios, we are a team dedicated to making browser based video games using StencylWorks.

We are a professional, active team consisting of over twenty very talented members since 2007. The team is made of spriters, level designers, music composers, and programmers. We are currently working on several projects that are planned for a release this year at the same time of the release of the StencylWorks game builder. This obviously means that joining Polyhedron Designs as a programmer means you can use StencylWorks before it's full, public release.

Some of the projects include:
(!:The first four projects' titles are in progress.)

* JTactics - a Fire Emblem title.
* Blue Bomber - a Megaman title.
* Chozo Tech - a Metroid title.
* Jumpman - a Mario title.
* Journey of Nagi - an original RPG title that takes a new approach instead of the standard cliches of the genre.
* Dimension Shift - an original platformer/puzzle title. This game is a parody of Pictochat, in which you draw staircases, platforms and shields with the stylus to use to overcome challenges. Through your journey, you experience several other parodies of Nintendo games such as Mario, Metroid, Zelda and more.
* Aristieluan War - an original sidescrolling arcade-like shooter title. Your ship is in 3D with hundreds of animations, with particle effects and eye candy are emphasized. A truly amazing game in both graphics in gameplay, this title pushes StencylWork's effects to it's limits.

Other games planned for later include Tanks, Super Smash Bros, and an RTS game.

It may sound unbelieveable, perhaps you may be thinking that we've planned all of these games, but haven't started on them one bit. That's not true at all. As of now, most of our games' resources already have significant progress.
As for programming, StencylWorks is still in development, but as soon as it is open for closed beta testing, Polyhedron Designs will be able to use it earlier than others to get a headstart on making titles for it's full launch.
If you're serious about game making, and you have a strong interest for StencylWorks, I strongly urge you to contact me about perhaps joining the team. As of now, we only require spriters and musicians. Programming and level designing are not available at this time.

Please PM me here or on the Stencyl Forums if you're interested. Thank you!

>Include several examples of your previous works
>State your time zones/available times

You must be active quite frequently - the absolute minimum should be once each week (without notice). You should also be quite experienced in spriting/composing and be able to handle working under strict deadlines.

Thank you for your interest,
Jesse
Thanked by:
Why did you change your name. Stencyl Studios sounds a lot more catchy, and I don't even know if I can pronounce Polyhedron Designs.

(Poly-hee-dron)?
[Image: BannerL.gif]
Thanked by:
We're not a part of the actual Stencyl team anymore. To clarify that, we changed our name.
Thanked by:
You should make that clearer, because I know a lot of people think your on the actual Stencyl production team, but if your just a small team making games on it, that makes everything completely different.
[Image: BannerL.gif]
Thanked by:
There is no "actual Stencyl production team". The Stencyl team is now part of a real company, and they don't want to get into trouble with the law by making games with copyrighted characters.
So, we split up: Polyhedron Designs is the new Stencyl Studios. We're not directly connected with Stencyl LLC, but they do support us and we are affiliated with them.

Polyhedron Designs is the closest you can get to an "actual Stencyl production team". Tongue

Think about it this way: We don't work as Stencyl, we work with Stencyl.
Thanked by: