Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: vote if its any good
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
good
5.88%
1 5.88%
bad
94.12%
16 94.12%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

is this any good to be a sprite ;)
well i just finished my first icy tower styled mario sprite is it any good to be a sprite Shy [Image: fvn.png] [Image: vcgbn.png] i hope its any good
i love DK [Image: nhm.gif]

[Image: yesfgvb.png]
Thanked by:
I don't get it. A sprite is a sprite. Whether it's good or it isn't is a totally different subject, but you can't sprite and it... not be a sprite because it isn't "good."

This sprite, however, has banding issues everywhere and the shading of the overalls looks... really random. The moustache also doesn't look much like Mario. It's not a horrible sprite but these issues really hurt the overall piece.
Thanked by: Baegal
can you fix it

Thanked by:
Tyvon isn't a sprite repairer
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Marth
(05-18-2010, 05:16 AM)Rockman64 Wrote: can you fix it
No one is going to help you fix it unless you show us that you've tried to fix it first. You supplied us with a sprite, tyvon pointed out the problems with it, and, without putting any effort to fix them you wanted him to fix them for you.
Thanked by:
post the original icy tower sprite, that should help giving us how much of this is just an edit
Thanked by:
it looks like a heavy edit of harold the homeboy or whatever his name is
the biggest issue I can see is the heavy pillow shading on the hat
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
It's not bad. I'm sure if you take the advice given and practice working on it some more it'll turn out cool.
Video Games are bad for you? Surprise That's what they said about Rock and Roll! Big Grin
Thanked by:
[Image: fvn.png][Image: jb_harold_the_homeboy.gif]
Thanked by:
Is it just me or did nobody mention the nose? That was the first thing to jump out at me. It's way to small and not in the center of his face. :\
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Well the nose needs fixing as Vanilla already mentioned, also the buttons on the overalls look like coincs, the shading has no lightsource.
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by:
Get a lightsource.
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
were can i get a lightsource [Image: gfuhj.png] is it better

Thanked by: PrettyNier
(05-19-2010, 01:00 AM)Rockman64 Wrote: were can i get a lightsource

just set the place of the lightsource in your sprite
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
I don't know what this style your going for is, but you have no lightsource and you're using way to many colors. The lineart art is cramped, and rather blocky, well to be honest upon further analyisis you have some odd AA, or just outright massive blockiness going on here. That's not a good thing.

I take it as your only just starting pixelling, so you're gonna have to take things simple. Simple is not bad either, alot of pro pixelartists use very few colors and very simple lineart but still pull off dazzling pieces.

Here;[Image: mariofix.png]
I reduced the color use, simplified your lineart(this is your lineart by the way I only erased the blockiness/odd AA.) I know this is rather a stylized simplification, and the stache isn't overly "Mario'ish" it was a simple 5 minute doodle over but it should show my point.

I hope this helps.
Thanked by: