Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
gonna try this mario stuff again
Well I've been spriting for this project on and off for a long time, and I'm convinced that I should actually complete it now.
So here we go.

Here's the start of a tileset I started a while ago
[Image: tiled.png]
and then the start of an actual grass tileset -
[Image: grasslandtiles.png]
pipes -
[Image: pipesti.png]
bonus house -
[Image: bonushouse.png]

and a couple little WIPs -
[Image: wipd.png]

[Image: sizechart.png]
It's not much, but I kind of like some of it (the koopa is a major WIP)

Now seeing as I'm trying to get these to look as good as possible, I would like you guys to give me some comment and crits that really will help me improve them. Tear them apart if you must, I just need to get them to look better.

Bullet Bills -
[Image: bulletbillnew.gif] [Image: billlaunch.gif] [Image: skullbilllaunch.gif]
My animator decided to be kinda weird here, but I'm just leaving them as is for now. you get the general idea anyways.

[Image: bulletbills.png]

Goombas -
I think it might be looking a little bit better now

[Image: goomwalknew.gif]

Cheers guys
Thanked by:
The tileset looks pretty good. So do the bill launcher and the shyguys.

As for the characters, something about Boo looks weird; it makes him look stupid (as in, incredibly unintelligent). I think it's his eyebrows.

Mario and Luigi also look like they could use a bit of help on their faces.

Other than that, though, it all looks good to me.
Thanked by:
The tilesets wouldn't look out of place on a cellphone game IMO.
Thanked by:
I don't like the tree

rest is p. much good.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(05-17-2010, 07:37 AM)*Gorsal* Wrote: I don't like the tree

rest is p. much good.

This.
[Image: 6yfjuBN.png]

Thanked by:
so I'll work on fixing up the boo, but what do you mean by 'the mario bros could use some help on their faces'? What exactly should I fix?
Also, care to elaborate on the problems with the tree?

thank you guys for this so far Smile
Thanked by:
(05-17-2010, 09:29 AM)Fez Wrote: (...) what do you mean by 'the mario bros could use some help on their faces'?(...)
Their faces aren't that good; the nose looks pointy and Mario lacks a chin.
Fez Wrote:Also, care to elaborate on the problems with the tree?
The problem is that the tree doesn't look like a tree. Make the leaves more bushy; right now, it looks like a piece of green clay on top of a stump.
Thanked by:
The problem with the tree is that, in the Mario universe, things like trees tend to be simetric.
Boo!
Thanked by:
That is some beautiful work.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
well I'm having some difficulties fixing up the tree, so you might have to bear with me for a bit on that one. I think I fixed up the boo, but something still looks slightly off on the mario bros' faces - can't quite name it though.

Also I'd like some critiques on the bullet bill animations please.
I put in some very WIP goomba animations that I'd really like some help with too.
Thanked by:
the bullet bill is smooth enough to my eyes, although i'd fix how the small bits of shading jump in every frame in the middle part.
Thanked by:
I'd say that anything related to bullet bills on this page is definitely the best stuff on this page. They're really good!

As for the Goomba animation, the one with headbob looks better, but at least some head turn would be good (Goombas really wouldn't be able to walk without it).
Thanked by:
(05-18-2010, 10:30 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: the bullet bill is smooth enough to my eyes, although i'd fix how the small bits of shading jump in every frame in the middle part.
Thank you for pointing this out, can't believe I hadn't noticed it before. I fixed it in the animation, but I haven't done so to the sheet yet.

And I tried having the goomba turn, but uh -__-
yeah I can't get it to look right. At all. Is it any better though?
Thanked by:
No, when he puts his right foot forwoard, he should turn right, and vice versa. At the moments, he is just turning his head. He also shouldn't turn it that close to the view.
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
make it turn less and invert the turning direction.
Thanked by: