Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Official Humble Indie Bundle Thread - tHIB5
Mod edit: I merged all the previous HIB threads into one so that there can be a single, continually updated thread. Current discussion about the Humble Indie Bundle 5 starts on page 10.

For those of you who don't already know about this, get the hell over here right now and pick up this steal. Basically, it's a pay-what-you want deal where all proceeds will go wherever you want them to go (Charity, developers, or even split), and you get 5 incredible games - World of Goo, Aquaria, Penumbra Overture, Gish, and Lugaru - to boot.

I think it very admirable of the developers to come together and start this thing up. It's a great deal for the gamers that get it, and a great deal for the charities and children who benefit from it. What do you guys think of the deal? Are you gonna get it?
Thanked by:
Wow, that is sick. Wish I wasn't literally completely dry in funding.
Thanked by:
The only game out of those that I have heard of before is World of Goo, which I already own.

How are the others?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(05-04-2010, 09:09 PM)Vipershark Wrote: The only game out of those that I have heard of before is World of Goo, which I already own.

How are the others?

Aquaria is a wonderful 2-D underwater exploration game with beautiful visuals, GISH is a fun mess around with 2-D blob physics, and has some pretty neat puzzles and gameplay to go with it, and Penumbra is just a fantastic atmospheric survival-horror that I suggest you pick up immediately if you like those kind of games.

Not so sure about that other one, but I'll tell you about it after I play it (just bought the bundle myself). In the meantime, I'd look up some videos of each to get an idea of what you're paying for.
Thanked by:
I love what happens when you put in 0.00.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
Downloaded on my girlfriends computer I'll let her decide if any of the games are any good before I try them.
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
ive been playing world of goo all day. its amazing.

need to try aquaria still. was gonna give gish a shot but apparently i need both hands to play, which suuuuuucks.

dunno bout lugaru and penumbra yet. they dont seem like my type of game.
Thanked by:
(05-05-2010, 07:55 PM)Black Jack Wrote: ive been playing world of goo all day. its amazing.

need to try aquaria still. was gonna give gish a shot but apparently i need both hands to play, which suuuuuucks.

dunno bout lugaru and penumbra yet. they dont seem like my type of game.

Penumbra is fantastic, I must tell you. If you have ever liked atmospherically chilling games, and stuff of the horror genre, this is for you.

Anyways, you don't really have anything to lose, you can even pay $0.01 and still get the entire package.

I'm enjoying everything right now. One of the better purchases I've made recently.
Thanked by:
Just a note:
Samorost 2 has been added to the package, making this the best time to buy the thing.

P.S. I'll buy and gift the package to someone if one of you doesn't even feel like paying such a measly fee for the bundle.

Humble Umble Bumble.
Thanked by:
(05-09-2010, 10:13 PM)ThePortalGuru Wrote: JP.S. I'll buy and gift the package to someone if one of you doesn't even feel like paying such a measly fee for the bundle.

Por favor?

Would buy, but no cash in bank account atm. Sad

I'll pay you back later if you want, though.
Thanked by:
(05-09-2010, 10:32 PM)Vipershark Wrote:
(05-09-2010, 10:13 PM)ThePortalGuru Wrote: JP.S. I'll buy and gift the package to someone if one of you doesn't even feel like paying such a measly fee for the bundle.

Por favor?

Would buy, but no cash in bank account atm. Sad

I'll pay you back later if you want, though.

You got it Wink

I'll PM the link to you in a sec.
Thanked by:
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Thanks.

They're downloading now.
An uprep for you, kind sir.
Thanked by:
I have a real problem: my credit card don't do international. It sucks. A. Lot.
Must get myself a new one :/
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
(05-09-2010, 11:07 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: I have a real problem: my credit card don't do international. It sucks. A. Lot.
Got to get a new one :/

I can spare one more gift, if necessary. After all, it can cost less than a candy bar.
Thanked by:
As it just so happens, I snatched up four more giftable copies of the bundle before the offer ended, and the links for those don't expire, so please PM me if interested. I'd be more than happy to hand 'em out.

(And no, I'm not just throwing my money blindly away with this. The purchase of all of them only set me back four bucks.)
Thanked by: