Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
fear the power of ridiculously muscly man
[Image: rushedshadingmusclemanp.png]

I like it, but... why do I get the feeling it's about to be ripped to shreds? Surprise
Thanked by:
you have a perfectly fine ken sprite right there for any kind of reference you could ever need. and you almost ignored it completely.

why.

the poor guys has so many muscles and has them in some places he doesn't even need them at all, even lacking some vital bones in the literally nonexistant hips. the whole face features are brutally lacking any readable shape, and the most basic proportions are screwed up.

where you following the sprite next to it or you just put it there for no reason at all?
Thanked by:
Ouuuuch. Cry
I guess my prediction was right

(05-02-2010, 01:30 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: the poor guys has so many muscles and has them in some places he doesn't even need them at all, even lacking some vital bones in the literally nonexistant hips.

Damn, I knew something was wrong there

Quote:he whole face features are brutally lacking any readable shape

Mostly his nose, right?

Quote:and the most basic proportions are screwed up.

Aghhh...

Quote:where you following the sprite next to it or you just put it there for no reason at all?

Actually, it was only there so I could see how big fighting game characters were.
Ok, is this a bit better?
Thanked by:
nothing changed.
Thanked by:
Well, I attempted to give him hips, made his face more understandable (i think) and made his arm muscles
ever so slightly less defined.
Thanked by:
Perhaps this change will be more noticable. Compare with the sprite in the first post.
Thanked by:
the main problem (to me) is that his muscles look more like cracks in a rock. notice how in the sprite on the left, not every muscle is connected by a line. It splits at some parts.

Also, it looks like you just made a huge arm and drew lines on it. Look at how the ref has the muscles protruding out of the arm (don't overdo it, though.)
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
yeah, muscle doesn't have to be dolljoints everywhere. you can look at Ken here again--his are more muscly in the protruding way; his shoulders and arms are rounded thanks to his bulk. yours is less rounded, but more outlined, and it looks strange.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by: Baegal
Honestly, your best bet is to completely scrap your current sprite and start over completely. There's really no point in trying to polish a piece of shit when you could just straight up make something that makes sense anatomically
Dude, where are his ankles. Leg muscles don't works that way.
Thanked by:
Okay
if you don't know where muscles go, or what shape they are
don't guess. Find out.

This is a pretty good primer:
http://coelasquid.deviantart.com/art/How...-104342407
Thanked by: Vic, Kitsu, Baegal, Maxpphire
The problem isn't the readability of the muscles, it's that the muscles themselves make his arms look like compounded turds.
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by: Baegal, Marth, Maxpphire
ok here's a new guy
[Image: bounceman.png]

He's meant to be bouncing up and down before a fight, like warming up
Thanked by:
the legs are... odd
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
i'd recomend you to check some anatomy and see how a human body actually works. posing in front of a mirrow is an awesome excercise too, specially when you can't imagine a certain pose or you want to test if a certain movement is posible. even if you dont match the character's appearance, all human bodies work on the same basis.