Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I made some LSW style sprites, come look.
I created these in about the time of 2 days, not much time but it takes a few passes to really work out the details ... YES!!!

[Image: Showcase-Ken.png][Image: Showcase-Goku.png][Image: Showcase-Luigi.png][Image: Showcase-Virgil.png]
[Image: Showcase-Four.png] 4/26/2010

[Image: x2LuigiFinal.png] 4/27/2010 It's Weegee!
[Image: x2FinalShowcaseofLuigi.png] 4/28/2010 Contrast defines everything . . .
[Image: x2Final2ShowcaseofLuigi.png] 4/29/2010

Please ask permission to use, no response = no permission. [ Kenjimaru AT mail DOT com ]

Cute Going to make 4 more related characters and some frames for animations but that's excess information. Enjoy!
Thanked by:
Luigi's limbs look kind of off to me.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
all of these look vaguely like edits but i dont care enough to figure out what you edited them from
Thanked by: Gold
Legendary Super Warriors or something... DBZ gameboy game. I only know because I've seen it many times.
Thanked by:
luigi and the 4th character's legs are really off balance.
Thanked by:
They are all missing their necks
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by: Cobalt Blue
Wink Thank you, for the feed back everyone. I'll be sure to improve upon the sprites as I can, as well as make a few more, and post them later today or tomorrow.
Thanked by:
These are probably the only good LSW edits that I've seen in years. You obviously have the skill for it so why not try custom sprites?
Thanked by:
Finished and posted my double resolution Luigi sprite, it looks much better compared to the low-res sprite. Going to do the next sprites in Double Resolution.
Thanked by:
(04-27-2010, 05:48 PM)AuraDragon Wrote: it looks much better compared to the low-res sprite
see now,

it really doesn't
there's so many new problems with it now that i dont even know where to begin pointing them out
so wait for metaru or tyvon or dex to do it for me
Thanked by:
first thing i could point: its not a dog wearing a suit trying to look smart for example.
Thanked by: Nintendo_6444
(04-27-2010, 11:59 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: first thing i could point: its not a dog wearing a suit trying to look smart for example.

Not sure what you two are talking about anymore, but the invisible problems (the ones you can't see because you've been staring at the finished sprite for too long and you have to mirror the sprite back and forth to see them) have been fixed, leg lighting changed, eyes fixed, arm adjusted, and line art setup for an idle animation.

Only 3 posts have been helpful on this topic, by pointing out things I should take note of, thank you again Lunyka, Francisco and Dave. Wink

to Alpha Six: Sorry for ignoring your post so long. Thank you for such a compliment, however, custom sprites are of little interest to me right now since I enjoy making sprites of these (and other unfinished) characters, and unless I am being payed I may as well do something I love. (If you read that part after the comma a few times with the right mindset I sound like a gigolo. Cry )

I'm going on Vacation on the 30th so there will be a temporary break in sprites, thank you for understanding. Big Grin

P.S. New to this forum and I love these emotes, they aren't cheap compared to other emotes.
Thanked by:
you didn't scale the sprite as you should had, all you did was resizing the original and then poorly redraw and try to insert as much definitiong to the probably blurry mash up that resulted from the resampling. the hat makes no sense, the hands makes no sense, the face is completely unnatural. the whole outline's attempt of selout doesnt work.

and as stupid as alcala might sound sometimes, he was somehow right: the characters on their original sprite size had no neckws due size limitations, but now he's wearing a mask.
Thanked by: AuraDragon
Now THAT'S a comment I was looking for. I kept your statement in mind while I was working on the sprite again today, though I had to google Selout because I didn't know what that was at first, I base my style off my own personal preference: capcom edging, anime shading, chibi proportions, etc.

Luigi's forearms are pointing generally towards the screen, therefore that may be why you think the hands look a little wrong, though I shouldn't have to explain his positions anyway, ahh the problems of still pictures.

[Image: x2Final2ShowcaseofLuigi.png] 4/29/2010
T_T And that's what I wanted to say . . .
Thanked by:
The "L's" angle on his hat is off; it should be facing a south-east direction, I figure.

His right hand (our left) needs some work, the buttons on his overalls should be smaller, and I'm not a big fan of the pants.

Though, you nailed his face and left arm. Genki ^_^
Thanked by: