Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Pokemon Rumble Sprites
Hey guys. I had an idea to create as many pokemon in the style of Pokemon Rumble. I was wondering what you guys would think.
Thanked by:
Make something first.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
Well, that was originally a question as to what people think about it.

Anyway, heres my first attempt.

[Image: pikachurumble.png]
(Remember, this is in the style of Pokemon Rumble, so theres hardly any shading or attention to detail)

EDIT: woah! I didn't realise how big that was until now!
Thanked by:
No shading or attention to detail are not excuses for that.
Thanked by: Alpha Six
Well, that is the style of Pokemon Rumble, but if you guys dont want it I can easily change that.
Thanked by:
(04-25-2010, 03:13 PM)Aurapigonstilts Wrote: Well, that is the style of Pokemon Rumble

No. It isn't.

I don't have a referral from Pokemon Rumble, but I have one from Pokemon Ranch. Look at this Pikachu then look at yours. It doesn't have an outline, and its body is fairly smaller than its head.
Thanked by:
it'd probly look more like this

[Image: 28rmxz5.png]
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Just because Nintendo had the inclination to put no attention to detail in the first real attempt at making an action-based pokemon game doesn't mean you shouldn't. Put SOMETHING in there, just because it's simple doesn't mean just a little shading would kill it.
Thanked by:
ok, thats possibly all I need in terms of the style.

Now all I need is advice on the sprites
Heres my re-make next to Phantom K's

Thanked by:
Phantom K's looks in style.
Thanked by:
(04-26-2010, 10:50 AM)Aurapigonstilts Wrote: ok, thats possibly all I need in terms of the style.

Now all I need is advice on the sprites
Heres my re-make next to Phantom K's

It's not supposed to have a neck.
Thanked by:
it dosen't. That was just the shading form between the head and body. This is the reference I used for it:
[Image: 7.jpg]
If you look, you can see the area between the head and body has a bit of shading
Thanked by:
It didn't look like it. Maybe use a lighter shade or just make it black.
Thanked by:
You may call me an idiot if this appears to be obvious to most people, but...first of all, is this a community project, or just a solo one?
If it's a community one, I'd be interested in helping. This looks rather fun, and the Pokemon Ranch versions of the Pokemon are very cute, indeed...yet, at the same time, some are just pretty damn freaky.
[Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by:
Well, this was intentionally a solo project, but heck it can be a Community one if you want Jirachi.
Thanked by: