Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
An offer for fans of The Behemoth!
Wink 
Hello folks! I, under work of my own and others, through methods I can't go into legally, have unlocked the secret to The Behemoth's file works. Unless they change this, and I'm hoping they won't, I will be able to unpack all image files from their games. Mind you most of the games are XBOX 360 DL games.

So what is my offer? Quite simple of course. I can supply any image from any of the following games:

~Castle Crashers
~Alien Hominid HD

...Yes there's only two at this point, but I will be keeping up with the game files as they come out.

Please note I will only distibute these in a PM, but if you have a specific request, please post it here, as well as any comments when the images are received.

Also please note that I won't be able to distribute them until the weekend of April 17th. I will be giving them out only on weekends for some time, as I'd rather let a good bit accumulate so I can do them all at once.

So, post your requests here and I'll do the best I can!
Thanked by:
wait so

you figured out how to.. rip sprites from what i understood from that post
welp?
Thanked by:
rip sprites that nobody else could rip before. you sire, are the new jesus christ of sprite ripping.
Thanked by:
oh ok
Thanked by:
The thing to remember is the game is actually flash based, so once one gets past the encryption data, it's simple enough to construct your own images from it. The game is very well organized and it's helpful to people like me who do their best to provide accurate constructions.

Also mind you that the images I produce will be in PNG format with transparencies and fade effects where used. They will be in single files per sprite and the collection will be enclosed in a zip folder. It's just easier for me to distribute and easier for you to use that way.
Thanked by:
well then
broly shit man, good for you!
Thanked by:
why not submit it to the main site?

also, you should probably provide an example before spreading word!
Thanked by:
you should just submit it to the site instead of trying to make a pompous anouncement.
Thanked by:
The thing is I'm not sure about what legal issues may occur if we have them on the site. The Behemoth is pretty protective of their stuff and would probably be a little irritated to know that someone was distributing the entirety of their game graphics.

Another reason is, to extract EVERYTHING would take ages to do. These are pretty intensely graphic-related games, and they have interchangable parts, making a near-infinite number of combinations of images. Extracting everything would be nearly impossible, even if kept to original design status.
Thanked by:
No one ever said everything. Most games are ripped by multiple people, or are heavily incomplete.

And, um, this is a sprite rip site. The legality is always an issue and if they actually went beyond what other companies do, it'd be insane.

The most I've seen a company react is the shutting down of that Chrono Trigger sequel.
Thanked by:
besides the site states that there is no copyright claim over the images. they're used for reference purposes only.

Alien hominid Isn't exactly what i would call overly elaborated animation, how many frames could the main character have?
Thanked by:
Well, it's up to the heads of the site whether or not they want the full images on the site. Until then, feel free to ask for anything. I can't map out whole stages however, only characters and objects.
Thanked by:
The Behemoth are in no way protective of their stuff. They wouldn't mind.

The only thing I see wrong here is that both of these games use vector graphics, not sprites, so you will probably have some issues ripping because of that.
Thanked by: