Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The EarthBound Graphics Project: NOW HIRING, Final revamp plans too!
Hey,
I'm Kain0saga, my other alias is MXXai, nice to meet you fellow spriters. I'm looking forward to showing off and viewing your guys' works.
Well, anyways, back to the point. Ever heard of an RPG known as EarthBound? You know, It features, Ness, "that kid from Smash Bros."
Well I am remaking the graphics in that game, Starting with Ness and his friends first! Here is my progress so far...
[Image: ebremix1-14.png]
[Image: OneLastTime.png]

----STAFF----
MXXai: Lead Character/Enemy/House Spriting
Pik: Character Spriting, Menus, and BGs
EarthBorn: Character revamps
Reconstructed Dragon: Houses
PhonesEB: Tiles

{NOW HIRING}
WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF A VEHICHLE SPRITER!
But other categories are still open, too. (Towns, PSI effects, fonts, Battle Backgrounds, ect.)
If you want to jump in on this project, please apply by Personally Messaging me via this forum, Or on Skype, (Skypename: MXXai987) Please attach a sample of your work with EB spriting, and some sprites in an attempt for this style (can be a character, House, Tree, ect.).

Well, critique it, praise it, hate it. Whatever you want to do.

Wish me luck on this project.
~Kain0saga/MXXai
Thanked by:
Poo's head looks like t has a tumor in it. Looks great otherwise.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(04-04-2010, 09:22 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Poo's head looks like t has a tumor in it. Looks great otherwise.

I can probably fix this problem,
[Image: ebremix1-1.png]
Do you think the Poo on the left looks better, or on the right?
I think the one on the left makes him look like he has more of a tumor than he already does... Or are you talking about a certain direction?
Thanked by: Ton
he might have been talking about the hair actually

because i honestly dont see what he's talking about and the hair is the only thing i can see someone mistaking for a tumor (even though it doesnt really look like one)
Thanked by:
Hmm, Well, I personally think this is much better:
[Image: ebremix1-2.png]
Thanked by:
(04-04-2010, 09:10 PM)Kain0saga Wrote:
(04-04-2010, 09:22 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Poo's head looks like t has a tumor in it. Looks great otherwise.

I can probably fix this problem,
[Image: ebremix1-1.png]
Do you think the Poo on the left looks better, or on the right?
I think the one on the left makes him look like he has more of a tumor than he already does... Or are you talking about a certain direction?

The left.
Without his ears, his head looks like an upside-down raindrop.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
maybe left's ears with right's skull
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Gorsal
[Image: ebremix1-3.png]
You made my day some much easier

EDIT: [Image: ebremix1-4.png] When the Kids are done, I will move onto these guys.

Lucas and Friends are a bonus, I might do them after I'm finished everything else.
Thanked by:
What about Ninten and everyone else from Mother? If you dont do those guys Ill do them, but i will contribute.
mod edit - Your signature is way too big. Fix it
Thanked by:
(04-20-2010, 03:24 PM)Blitz Troopa Wrote: What about Ninten and everyone else from Mother? If you dont do those guys Ill do them, but i will contribute.

[Image: EBremix.png]
Already got to those, I'd get to these guys later on, I'm still fixing them up to satisfactory. I'm not doing anything special with Ninten, (Scarf, red/white/blue stripes, ect.) Keeping them to their original appearances. Feel free to add or edit anything else you would want for this project.

Also:
[Image: EBremix-1.png]
Finished with these guys basic sprites. walking ,talking, ect. I'll probably do running later on. As for what I'm doing next is the ghost sprites.
I might need a little bit more critique on how everything's set and if anything looks wrong.
Thanked by: Ton
Pretty cool!
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by:
These are really cool! They seem to keep the simplistic style of Earthbound down, while still being a noticeable improvement. Great work.

If there's anything I could give crit on, maybe it's the colors, which are kind of dull at the moment. Earthbound was a very vibrant game, so these should probably be similar. Maybe up the saturation a little on the colors, I dunno.
Thanked by:
Well, I am using a variety of colours, equalling one giant pallet.
because each member has their own individual colour (as in colours) , I thought I'd was preventing the colour variety thing, I could make Jeff's uniform more blue like the clay model.
As for the rest I really don't want the colours to be that loud and in you face, just an appropiate shade and texture.
Thanks for letting me know.
Thanked by:
Looks alright, although the frames on Jeff's glasses look a little thick.
[Image: Intro_Project2_zpsa3f9d668.gif]
Thanked by:
Yeah, becuase they are thick.

anyways, Food_Eater created a sweet remade map of Podunk, I asked his permission to complete it. I haven't done anything to it yet becuase I'm busy with the chosen 4 right now. Just a preview of something in the future.
[Image: PodunkB.png]
Thanked by: