Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Original Morty Pkmn HeartGold Style
This is a quick sprite sheet I made. I edited Morty's in-game sprites from Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver to make him look like how he did in the original games and the anime. Please note that this is more than just a recolor.

[Image: mortyhgold.png]

Any suggestions would be nice
Thanked by:
*Little if any shading
*Main thing you did was switch colors with small edits
*Could have put forth more effort
Thanked by:
(03-30-2010, 03:52 PM)Video_Pochi Wrote: *Little if any shading
*Main thing you did was switch colors with small edits
*Could have put forth more effort

*The original sprites didn't have shading, but I'll add some to see how it comes out.
*I did a lot more than just minor changes. I needed to re-do most of the in-battle sprite's torso to get rid of the scarf, and everything but the head of the overworld sprites had to be custom made, also due to the scarf.
Thanked by:
Is this even worth a submission?

because this needs work, even with it I don't see it on the site.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
The stance isn't well edited.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
I recently did a revision of this, darkening some of the colors, adding shading, and fixing some odd colors. Now if someone could please tell me anything I should fix other than those problems before I put up an updated sheet, it would be appreciated.
Thanked by:
Look at his stance. Look at his last tow poses, then look at his right arm and hand and back. It looks like you edited his scarf to look like an arm and hand.
Thanked by:
(03-30-2010, 07:42 PM)Chdonga Wrote: Look at his stance. Look at his last tow poses, then look at his right arm and hand and back. It looks like you edited his scarf to look like an arm and hand.

I did nothing to his feet, other than change the shoe color, and his arm was in that exact position in the original sprite.
Thanked by:
(03-30-2010, 07:47 PM)Kirbychu Wrote:
(03-30-2010, 07:42 PM)Chdonga Wrote: Look at his stance. Look at his last tow poses, then look at his right arm and hand and back. It looks like you edited his scarf to look like an arm and hand.

I did nothing to his feet, other than change the shoe color, and his arm was in that exact position in the original sprite.

I meant two. Nevermind about his hand being the scarf, but you can still see where you edited out the scarf.
Thanked by:
Okay, my current revision I've:
used better coloration
added shading to torso
tweaked torso to remove what's left of the scarf and make it look more like he's wearing a tee-shirt
fixed his shoes to be more flat
slightly changed his right arm
slightly changed the head on the second part of his stance

shall I upload the new version or are there any other problems?
Thanked by:
What I circled.
[Image: 28508908.png]
And you need to add shading on his clothes and headband then show it to us.
Thanked by:
[Image: mortyhgold.png]

This is how it looks now.
Thanked by:
The right arm looks like an overcooked noodle.
Thanked by:
(03-30-2010, 09:49 PM)Maneko Wrote: The right arm looks like an overcooked noodle.

Unless you're refering to the color, that's a problem with the original sprite.
Thanked by:
fix it.
Thanked by: