Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zebesian creatures
Starting with Evir!
[Image: 20576tt.png]
I didn't edit this. I made this from scratch.
[Image: 2e33ns1.png]
Baby Evir.

This is an edit of those things that hop out of the lava. I call this thing Snapper.
[Image: dwetxh.png]

The top two are for a remake project of Super Metroid.
Thanked by:
I oppose the idea of a remake of super metroid

these sprites are pretty okay, but putting them in that context makes me want to dislike them
Thanked by:
The remake wasn't my idea, it was Octohunter's idea.
Thanked by:
I figured it wasn't your idea, but in the end it doesn't really matter whose idea it was. that doesn't change what the idea was, etc.

either way, the sprites you have are fine - but I don't really see them meshing very well with anything even attempting to have anything to do with super metroid.

the style is more like a mix between zelda and chrono trigger.

I do like the snapper, though, even if I don't really think it'll fit much.

The evirs suffer from a lack of contrast, a relatively bland and uninteresting palette and poor definition combined with over-complexity in the enemies design. in other words, the pieces of the evirs shell (of which their are too many) blend in with eachother (thats a problem).
Thanked by:
I'm sorry, but could you tell me what the issue is with these being used in an SM reamke? I fail to understand.
Thanked by:
its hard to consider them part of Super Metroid because they do not look like SM sprites.
Thanked by:
Quote:the style is more like a mix between zelda and chrono trigger.
Thanked by:
They aren't supposed to be in Super Metroid style. They're supposed to be ZM style (though it might be off).
Thanked by:
it makes sense when you say that you're making a remake of super metroid in Zero mision's style.
Thanked by:
they don't really resemble zero missions style, either
Thanked by: