Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
crits plz (now contains zelda)
I was working on these enemy sprites a while ago and realized I need a little guidance and critiquing while I'm still at an early stage.

[Image: sheett.png]
Thanked by:
nice shading, you got the basic idea
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by:
Change the color of the background.
[Image: o7XYLZG.gif][Image: BYMWXB7.gif]
[Image: eh8P6l0.gif]
Thanked by:
explain us what are we looking at.
Thanked by:
(03-20-2010, 12:06 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: explain us what are we looking at.

Enemy sprites for a turn based battle system, like Final Fantasy. That particular image though is what I was working on when I decided to ask for crits, so I didn't bother to arrange anything. The general theme I was going for is using only those shades of beige, since they're from a game that's based on a comic in which the main color used is beige.

Also, I just updated the image with new sprites.
Thanked by:
are these suposed to be animated? because it seems the idea was to use still images.
Thanked by:
(03-20-2010, 07:34 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: are these suposed to be animated? because it seems the idea was to use still images.

No, they aren't meant to be animated.
Thanked by:
Certainly an interesting style. This for an original game?
Thanked by:
(03-20-2010, 08:58 PM)Midi Wrote: Certainly an interesting style. This for an original game?

Yeah, an RPG based on a comic-like thing I was doing a few weeks/months ago.
Thanked by:
(03-20-2010, 09:00 PM)Shiraku Wrote:
(03-20-2010, 08:58 PM)Midi Wrote: Certainly an interesting style. This for an original game?

Yeah, an RPG based on a comic-like thing I was doing a few weeks/months ago.

Ooh! Can't wait to play the demo!
Thanked by:
if these are meant to look as if they were drawn on paper, i'd suggest using thicker outlines to make the characters stand out a bit more.
Thanked by:
(03-21-2010, 10:11 AM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: if these are meant to look as if they were drawn on paper, i'd suggest using thicker outlines to make the characters stand out a bit more.

[Image: sheetti.png]
I'm not sure about the thicker outlines, but I tried a few variations. It's not really supposed to look like it's drawn on paper, it's just that the thing these sprites are based on used one color for almost everything.
Thanked by:
So I guess they're alright as they are??? I dunno! ))):
Thanked by:
show us a mockup.
Thanked by:
You could put alot of creativity into this by making the game/world/style a drawing book.
Like, say, using notebook paper for battle backgrounds.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: