Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Completed games
What would you guys think about having a pinned thread where spriters could post a link to their completed projects?
#Adam
Thanked by:
problem is, nobody has any

we should only do that when it happens
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I think it should go in game discussion.
Thanked by:
The day will come, I swears it!
#Adam
Thanked by:
I have one but I don't want anyone to play it.
"Look up in the sky, young man
and see the cloud called Hope.
Then, look beyond into space
and see the star called Happiness."
~ Author unknown ~
Thanked by:
(03-17-2010, 04:08 PM)TKGB Wrote: I have one but I don't want anyone to play it.

Then...

Why post?
Thanked by:
To show that someone did finish a game.
~ Author unknown ~
Thanked by:
(03-19-2010, 11:50 AM)TKGB Wrote: To show that someone did finish a game.

Well it might as well not exist if you're not going to bother to prove it. :p
Thanked by:
(03-16-2010, 10:40 PM)ClashPDG Wrote: The day will come, I swears it!
Yes. It'll happen right after Duke Nukem Forever comes out.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
Quote:I have one but I don't want anyone to play it.

This kinda reminds me of the ol' "if a tree fell in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, would anyone care at all?"

If you won't post your game, it's probably for one of a couple reasons. Most of them are pretty negative and I don't want to start a flame war, but there is one worth talking about.

Maybe the quality isn't high enough that you feel comfortable sharing it.

If this is the case, I feel sorry for you.

I know my first full featured game won't change the world, but I promise I'll share it with the community. Maybe it'll inspire someone, maybe people will love it, maybe they'll hate it, maybe they'll call me a no talent hack, or maybe they'll call it a "nice way to waste a few hours." I don't know how my game will be received, and I don't care! The people who criticize it will likely be the ones who've never made a game and have no idea how hard it is to do so. I'm nervous about the idea, but I'm also excited because maybe it'll open up some doors. Maybe it'll give some spriters out there great ideas.

I can tell you that I'm planning on using a sprite made by one of the most well established memeber of tsr. I'm going to be using his sprite in a way that should be a bit outside the box for the genre of game comes the sprite comes from. It's my sincerest hope that people will see the way I use this sprite, and it may open the door for some new creations!

The point is, don't be afraid to share your work! Most of us on here have full time jobs or are in school. We can't dedicate the amount of time that professionals can. We don't have the resources that Nintendo or Square Enix has. I bet the community will strongly support you regardless. Remember, bravery is not the absence of fear, but acting despite it. Be brave!
#Adam
Thanked by: Sengir
Well said. Everyone has to start somewhere, whether it be programming or spriting. If an artist never showed anyone his art for critique, would he get any better?
Thanked by:
Well it is out, but only to a specific audience, but if being adamant about it wont' do me good, go ahead and check it out:

http://toolkitzone.com/games.php?game=3735
~ Author unknown ~
Thanked by:
I haven't heard of toolkit before. Seems pretty interesting. I'm not going to lie, I spend most of my time on public machines at my campus, so I won't be downloading your game. It does seem like a good introduction to game development though. Those who played your game seem to think highly of it.
#Adam
Thanked by: