Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Music Competition #1 - Peaceful Place
Dex Wrote:IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

All competitions will currently begin on Monday, March 8th, 2010.

Fuck, I knew I was forgetting something! Very Sad

Anyway, it's the time for tSR's first music compo, brought to you by... me. Before starting, give those a read:

1-I sincerely don't know what kind of badge the Staff is doing for the music compo, so I guess it's one for the 1st, one for the 2nd and another for the 3rd place. But I might not be correct, so sorry for this. I'll edit this section when I get to know the prizes.
2-Since people use different tools for composing (Famitracker, Fruity Loops, Melody Assistant, to name a few), we'll judge the entries for the quality of the melody and how well it fits with the subject. That means, an orchestra-sounding music isn't always better than a simpler-sounding tune; so don't feel discouraged!
3-Upload your works in some file-sharing site, in MP3 format. MP3 is accesible to virtually everyone, so converting your stuff into MP3 is very convenient. You can also use Youtube for this.
4-If you think there's not enough time, contact me, and I'll change the deadline; but I'll only change it if a lot of people complain about it.

So, let's see this compo's subject!

Subject: Peaceful Place
Deadline: March 31st
Brief: Do you know those places that look peaceful and calming? A garden full of flowers, a small, quiet village or even an oasis? Compose something with this special place in your mind. 'Calm' is the key word now!

TIPS:
-The places I mentioned are just an example. You can use other places as reference, too.
-You can use other songs as reference. It's okay to do that, but don't blatantly rip off from it: be creative.
-If the subject is strange and very vague, request a change.
-Only the completed entries will go to the voting topic, so make sure you post the completed version.

I believe that's all. If I missed something, feel free to post.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
tryin
[Image: tumblr_lbmz8gVkvC1qcyzauo1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
id love to try
this is the other side of videogames
idk if ill make it though Sad
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
i would try but
peaceful is hard

and im not very good at composing anyway
Thanked by:
Jumping in pretty late, but i'll give it a shot.
Thanked by:
Sorry for the double post.

Finnished! haha, i actually just spent creating my song. It's pretty basic and about as chilled out as I could get it. Does everyone post on the deadline or can you post up your song whenever?
Thanked by:
I think it's fine to show it. Go ahead.
Thanked by:
The Title of the song for this competition is called "Chiller Cat Blip Blap".
x
http://www.myspace.com/kidcalcium

Edit:
Sorry, I probabaly should have mentioned I have a different name for my music.
Thanked by:
Hello, everyone!

I'm just here to remind you there's only 6 days left for the deadline. So beware!
Thanked by:
I DIDNT HAVE WIFI AND NOW I DO SO I WILL MAKE IT ON TIME!!!! SO FAR I HAVE TWO SONGS I AM PLANNING ON MAKING ONE MORE AND THEN CHOOSING. I MADE BOTH WHILE I WAS ON A PLANE FOR FIVE HOURS SO I COULDN'T HEAR THEM UNTIL WE LANDED AND I GOT TO MY MOM'S HOUSE. THEY AREN'T THAT BAD BUT I NEED TO TOUCH THEM UP.
Thanked by:
Isn't the deadline today?
I know I submitted already but are there any official areas for submission?
Thanked by:
soo

it's already 31st, but only Fumér submitted the entry. This is saddening, as I don't want only one person to participate.

I'm going to extend this one more week, thus ending on April, 7th. This should be sufficient, considering you all had three weeks to make something.

So,

GOGOGOGO
Thanked by:
Can't I just win? haha
Thanked by:
I considered doing that, but looks like sleepy is doing something. Better wait a little more.

Also, there's no fun winning a contest if no one entered too :c
Thanked by:
aaaaaaaawell i've got two songs, but both of them were
again
made on a plane and are sort of terrible
i'll make one tonight and submit it tomorrow asjkhds sorry. if you'd rather me pick one of the songs and enter it thats fine too
Thanked by: