Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Oh look, the Pokemon Company is hiring.
[Image: 2la7hb9.jpg]

But why would they want PC/web-based experience?

e: Not that they specifically state that it's for Pokemon Company International.

Could this be the MMO we've been waiting for?
Thanked by:
MMO time
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Quote:PC or web games.

Shows how much confidence they have in the Wii's online play.

Not that I blame them.
Thanked by:
I can imagine all the classes, monsters, and quests you have too do for a Online Pokemon Game.
[Image: ra2mvm.png]
I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!!
Thanked by:
(03-08-2010, 06:39 PM)Andy Justicehammer Wrote: I can imagine all the classes, monsters, and quests you have too do for a Online Pokemon Game.

400 something?

Cute
Thanked by:
Haven't they also been looking for 3D artists? I think I recall hearing that.
Thanked by:
yes
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Dear Sweet Mother Joseph. If this is it please, please make sure they have more than just trainers.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
I don't really know what to think of this...At first, it reminded me of those old 'Half-CD' things they used to give away in either a Cereal Box, or one of the Old Card sets (I would think the Card set more, just because I used to buy a lot of Pokemon Card...) I don't remember exactly what it was but I think it was just a point & Click game (I might be the only one to remember this...)

Also, If this is something for the next Generation(Rather than a Spin-off or something else), I think that this could be for a Huge online Union Room...Kind of like the Wi-Fi Plaza in Platinum, only you can do all the stuff you can do in the Union Room (Trade, Battle, Egg Swap, Mix Records, etc...) as well as the Mini-games Introduced in the Wi-Fi Plaza...Assuming that the 'Pokemon Company gets special time with the DS2' Rumor is true
[Image: smugnificent.gif]
[Image: GiantPKMN4.gif]
Thanked by:
I doubt its the big game MMO you'd all want it to be.

Well there's a couple of factors here.

-First off there's no mention of Gamefreak's involvement who are responsible for the main series. So its probably not Pokemon Next Gen.
-Next there's the Nintendo factor. They'd never let the Pokemon Company get away with releasing a big time Pokemon title on something that isn't a Nintendo system.
-Last there's the fact that all the big deal stuff for Pokemon is handled only in Japan. I doubt those xenophobes would let anyone else touch the franchise.

So here's what I think. You know Farmville on Facebook? Or those little communities you make and stuff? Yeah I figure it'll be something like that. Only better.

Another theory is that the next gen Pokemon game allows you to send you're Pokemon to a website, and do some online interactions with it.
So I wouldn't jump the gun guys and call this an MMO. Or a real big time game for that matter.

Thanked by:
(03-09-2010, 01:48 AM)Koopaul Wrote: -First off there's no mention of Gamefreak's involvement who are responsible for the main series. So its probably not Pokemon Next Gen.
Well, that's kind of a duh. Gamefreak doesn't do the foreign localization.

(03-09-2010, 01:48 AM)Koopaul Wrote: -Next there's the Nintendo factor. They'd never let the Pokemon Company get away with releasing a big time Pokemon title on something that isn't a Nintendo system.
That's something you got me on. Though a big time MMO would require something like a PC, and they're asking for PC/web producers (not programmers). They specifically said that they're not in the Microsoft Xbox360/Sony Playstation 3 war so there is that possibility, especially since Sony has been releasing MMO's (Everquest 2, Vanguard, Star Wars Galaxies) for Windows and they're the two fighting. They even have the Everquest line on the PS2 itself.

(03-09-2010, 01:48 AM)Koopaul Wrote: -Last there's the fact that all the big deal stuff for Pokemon is handled only in Japan. I doubt those xenophobes would let anyone else touch the franchise.
They're not asking for developers or anything else that would mean "outsider infection". They're asking for producers, like the ones NoA has. I believe that the artists they're looking for are Japanese.

(03-09-2010, 01:48 AM)Koopaul Wrote: So here's what I think. You know Farmville on Facebook? Or those little communities you make and stuff? Yeah I figure it'll be something like that. Only better.
Well, considering that they're also looking for 3D artists, I find this unlikely. I wouldn't go all extravagant with 3D art and all for just a "little community". You could easily hire a couple vector artists cheaper than a team of 3D artists.

This is why I think it's going to be either a heavy PC-based MMO or a lighter DS/Wii MMO. Though I could be wrong, this is just what I'm seeing after I put the parts together.
Thanked by:
(03-09-2010, 01:05 AM)JoshR691 Wrote: I don't really know what to think of this...At first, it reminded me of those old 'Half-CD' things they used to give away in either a Cereal Box, or one of the Old Card sets (I would think the Card set more, just because I used to buy a lot of Pokemon Card...) I don't remember exactly what it was but I think it was just a point & Click game (I might be the only one to remember this...)
PokeROM?

I'm not sure how to feel about an official Pokemon MMO. Probably better than I would about a Pokemon Facebook game.
Thanked by:
nintendo already stated they are not interested in facebook.
Thanked by:
(03-09-2010, 04:20 PM)Arkinea Wrote:
(03-09-2010, 01:05 AM)JoshR691 Wrote: I don't really know what to think of this...At first, it reminded me of those old 'Half-CD' things they used to give away in either a Cereal Box, or one of the Old Card sets (I would think the Card set more, just because I used to buy a lot of Pokemon Card...) I don't remember exactly what it was but I think it was just a point & Click game (I might be the only one to remember this...)
PokeROM?

I'm not sure how to feel about an official Pokemon MMO. Probably better than I would about a Pokemon Facebook game.
Yeah, that's it

Also, if Nintendo's not interested in Facebook, why can you upload pictures to it from your DSi? Other than, you know trying to reach those people to use the camera on it
[Image: smugnificent.gif]
[Image: GiantPKMN4.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-09-2010, 09:11 AM)SengirDev Wrote:
(03-09-2010, 01:48 AM)Koopaul Wrote: -Next there's the Nintendo factor. They'd never let the Pokemon Company get away with releasing a big time Pokemon title on something that isn't a Nintendo system.
That's something you got me on. Though a big time MMO would require something like a PC, and they're asking for PC/web producers (not programmers). They specifically said that they're not in the Microsoft Xbox360/Sony Playstation 3 war so there is that possibility, especially since Sony has been releasing MMO's (Everquest 2, Vanguard, Star Wars Galaxies) for Windows and they're the two fighting. They even have the Everquest line on the PS2 itself.

You're missing my point. Nintendo won't allow the Pokemon Company to release a Pokemon game on the PC. Its not a Nintendo system therefor it won't be on there.

Pokemon pretty much belongs to Nintendo and they are pretty fickle about what goes to where. So no, a PC Pokemon game is very unlikely as it defies Nintendo in every which way.

Thanked by: