Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
tSR Music Competition Topic
tSR Music Compo Rules

So, hello there. I'll be holding the tSR's first MUSIC Competition! It's time to show the musician inside you! :coolfrosty:

Most rules here are adapted from the Sprite Competition Rules: Dex has lent it so I could make my own easier.

This way, we'll have competitions starting on Mondays and ending on Saturdays, with voting on Sundays. The creator will give some subject for you to compose, and the winner of the round creates the new topic. If he's uncapable of posting, then the runner up will post it. If for some reason the runner up is also unavailable, then the staffs will make the next topic.

Since this is a compo based in a non-visual media, the subjects also need to be musical, such as style, sound or even situations. If the subject isn't creative, then the staff can make another for the participants.

After all the entries have been finished, someone (preferrably the competition creator) can make a voting topic, where all the entries will receive votes from people. The topic must contain the URL of the song aside with its creator's name. If the topic isn't created within a decent amount of time, the staff can intervene, creating the voting topic.

The rules for voting is pretty simple: one vote per person, and you can't vote on yourself. The votes will then be counted in the end of the voting, and the winner shall make the new compo topic.

You're ALMOST free when making your musical creations, save for these rules:

Dex Wrote:-Post only your own work. Any art theft, in any way at all will not be tolerated, and you will be banned, possibly permanently, from the forums.

-Be courteous. Don't outright say "this is the best entry so far!" or "yours is so much better than the others!" These kinds of posts are discouraging and make other entrants not feel welcome. Be sure to post things that only constructively help others, not bring them down.

-Be sure to follow board rules along with these. You may not enter anything offensive, nothing calling out/flaming another member, or any joke entries. Only one entry will be accepted, so if you plan to enter, make your entry count.

-The staff have the final say. If arguments arise, we will take care of it. Don't take it upon yourself to make the rules, especially if you're not the creator of the topic.

-Make your song fit the compo's subject. This rule is pretty obvious but important.

-Post your work in somewhere anyone can hear (Youtube, several file-sharing sites), in a file format that anyone can open (MP3). This will make the things a lot easier when voting.

So, those are the rules. Read 'em, respect 'em, have fun! Thanks C:

Also, shticky, please?
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Adam