Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Bomberman and Smash Ball
I was going to take these to the submission board, but I think I'd rather play it safe and see what you guys think of them first. Here they are.

[Image: bombermanDOS.png]
Bomberman - Final Fantasy DOS Style

Made using the thief from Final Fantasy DOS. Color palette is entirely from the game. Didn't think a bomb was needed, but if you guys think I should include a bomb, I can add one in.

[Image: smashBall.png]
Smash Ball

A 100% scratch sprite. I think this would probly fit into ToW style, but it might work universally.

[Image: towBomberman.png]
Bomberman - Tales of the World Style

I really like the ToW style, so that's what I used for this Bomberman. I thought including a construction kit would be a nice touch in case anyone wanted to more easily make their own poses since this is a rather small sheet.

Those are what I have. I don't know if putting my FA address in these is allowed. I don't mean it for advertising, just to make sure my sprites aren't posted anywhere I don't want them. Of course I included TSR in there too.

So tell me what you guys think. I'm eager for feedback and ready to make any improvements you feel are needed.

UPDATE 1

[Image: towBomberman2.png]
Here's a newer version of the ToW Bomberman. I added a bunch of new frames and did some resizing. I think it looks better now.

[Image: BombermanSizeComparison.png]
Here's a comparison of the old vs new sprite.

UPDATE 2

[Image: bombermanDOS-1.png]

Here's the Bomberman FFDoS style now with a bomb and battle frames. I wanna get a few opinions on it and get it touched up before I submit.

UPDATE 3

[Image: bombermanDOS-2.png]

OK, I fixed the overly thick arm on this. Also, I'm redoing most of the frames for the ToW sheet, so that won't be up for a while. Trying to make the limbs look more bendy and the anims for fluid as others suggested. Wat'cha think of this one?
Thanked by:
Isn't the heand on Bomber man a bit... bigger?
Thanked by:
(03-05-2010, 05:35 PM)Alcala Wrote: Isn't the heand on Bomber man a bit... bigger?

Did you mean hand or head? I think the head is supposed to be a bit bigger, yes. As for the hands, they're about the same size as they are in the show (Bomberman Jetterz), which is the model I used. I could shrink the body down because I think it might be that the body is too big and it makes the head look small, because compared to the arms and legs, the head looks fine to me. Thanks for pointing that out.
Thanked by:
Oh, srry well, what I think is that the hands should be as big as the foot. The head should be bigger
Thanked by:
bomberman's head its meant to resemble a rectangle. right now he resembles a toad.

also, his hand/feet are somehow pillowshaded... backwards?
Thanked by:
(03-05-2010, 10:18 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: bomberman's head its meant to resemble a rectangle. right now he resembles a toad.

also, his hand/feet are somehow pillowshaded... backwards?

Go watch Bomberman Jetterz on Youtube. You`ll see what I`m going for.
Thanked by:
New update on the ToW sheet.
Thanked by:
Well, all you did was making the body smaller, not a big change
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by:
(03-11-2010, 03:02 PM)Alcala Wrote: Well, all you did was making the body smaller, not a big change
Well does it look better with the smaller body or should I keep the large one?
Thanked by:
Your animations look incredibly stiff. He's always facing 3/4 perspective when he does almost any action. You need to fix that. Let his body turn when he does an attack (or anything) that's meant to have frontal thrust. Make the attack look like it'd actually do something.
Thanked by:
i really, really reccomend you to not shade the hands/feet of bomberman that way. not only it looks bad, but it just doesnt work. dont take the anime's shading that literally, because it doesnt mean it will work the same way here.

you should check that bomberman minigame on the DS, it has the same shading you're aiming for, and it could be a good reference for this since it follows the same desings.
Thanked by:
his arms and legs look really stiff as well. there should be a lot more bending of joints going on, especially when walking.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
The colors should be show a connection between each other, and the just look pillow shaded, just a bit
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by:
New update for Bomberman FFDoS.
Thanked by:
exact same flaws still exist in this update.
Thanked by: