Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Karite High
Yo everyone. I am Ceonn, as you have probably guessed. I'm new to this forum, and I fully respect your right to shout out "hah, hes a noob!" Though in all seriousness, I am a game designer working on a project named Karite high. I hope for it to take off myself, but in all honesty, work has been pointed at getting voices for my characters at the moment. Though I'm glad to say that has worked out perfectly so far, and i couldn't be more happy with the people I've got to help me. All of that aside, you guys want information about it obviously! It's my job to give that information to all of you, thus I will.

Karite High is about a boy named Kasai Isamashii. In the world of Karite High, power is split between 4 countries in mid-evil times. The Konsons control half of the continent of Irelia. They have the ability to manipulate their very soul in battle. The Karitians control the other half of Irelia, and are more in tune with their weapons then anything else. On another of the 3 continents, lies the Mahouns. These people rely on their affinity for the magic artes, which means they are a country of scholars, and lead in technology. Finally on the third continent, Narbos, live the chikushoun. they are a barbaric people, who have only one purpose, fighting until only the strongest is left standing.

A shaky peace has lived on in this world for 49 years, though this peace was shattered due to the role of the mysterious organization titled the White Knights. Though despite the name, they are neither holy, nor compassionate. Though unknown to the public, they still control half of the world, and seek complete domination over all three countries to complete their goal, whatever it may be.

in order to keep their strength intact, they kidnap people who they deem powerful and put those people through rigorous training, and Kasai and his two friends, Koan and Violet, are on their list. Finally, they strike...

END STORY

Gameplay

this game uses a battle system by the name of Linear Motion battle system. LMBS for short. This system was invented by Namco, and has been used by almost every game they have in the "Tales Series". As to keep to Namco's tradition of updating the battle system in some way for every Tales game, I am also employing some new things to it. So behold it's new title!
The WRLMBS, or Weapon Release Linear Motion Battle System.

What this means is, now during battle you can have your character release their weapons into two different forms. Doing this allows you to use more skills in battle and depending which of 2 releases you used, tilts you towards physical attacking or spellcasting.
Plus, to offer more customization, due to the fact that because of this system, you cannot change your weapon, I instead employed the crest change system. By placing crests on your weapons, you activate a hidden magic or physical level. this allows you to tailor whether you want the character to be a spellcaster or a physical fighter, allowing you to make your character a physical attacker or a spellcaster, or even mix the two and make both! this allows new and exciting ways to manipulate your character in battle.

Now, I know what you are thinking. Where are the screenshots? While... I do not have any to say the least. Unfortunately, This project is fairly new, and the character designs are few in number. Though the framework for the battle system is complete, the character designs are not, and neither is voicing. Which means until i get enough designs to get sprites done, screenshots have to wait.

Now heres the fun part. I myself will be coding this and getting the story down with help from my co designer in some areas too, but in most artistic endeavors, I fall short of perfection. I do have an artist helping me out with this, and she is the greatest artist anyone could ever ask for. Unfortunately, her work is for naught if it cannot be made into sprites. I do have someone who can make sprites, but he himself has even stated that it would be best if I got someone else's help, for he is still learning. So i bring this problem to all of you. Can you help me with this? Also, voice acting is going well, though some characters roles are still unfilled. So if any of you have some talent in voicing, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you all for your cooperation! If you sprite, please reply here with your questions. if you voice, then I request that you send me an email at ceonn@live.com or send me a message on msn for more details on what I need done. ( same address for msn)
Thanked by:
1. It's Medieval. That's a serious pet peeve of mine.
2. Your idea isn't especially original.
3. Is this intended to be a serious, money-making game, or is it just a personal project?
4. Even if you don't have MANY concepts done, you should find a means to show us some, because that could make or break people's interest in your project, but I can guarantee that nobody will be interested without any visual reference.
5. If your character has a very Japanese sounding name, I certainly hope he's in some very Japanese culture, otherwise it'd just be weird.
Thanked by:
The title makes it sound like a japanese school or something.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
"Kasai Isamashii"

"mid-evil times"

I know you're not a pro, so maybe I shouldn't expect this out of you, but please do what most pros do and do some research on the topic you're making a game about so you don't look like an idiot.
Thanked by: