Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Events/Missions
since there isn't a topic about this, I thought that it might as well be made.

Does anybody have any ideas for Events that we could use? eg,
fight off a group of enemies without a teammate dying
using meta knights/Pits/Charizards/Ridleys etc glide ability to get from one platform to another
survive the lava in Norfair.

These are only suggestions, mind.
Thanked by:
Event name: Not again...
Ingame description: Oh no, Bowser's at it again! Hold out against him until help arrives.
Basic idea: Stay alive as Peach against a giant respawning Bowser for 2 minutes. After these 2 minutes, Mario and Luigi will appear and will be able to permanently KO Bowser ending the event.
Thanked by: Baegal, Iceman404
Not to spoil your fun, but it might be best to wait on Event ideas until we've got some characters and levels made. Events a lot of the time are based on quirks of characters and levels, and we don't have any of those. We should wait until we have some stuff finished, so we can get the feel of how it works, and go from there.
Thanked by: Baegal, Iceman404, Jdaster64
(03-01-2010, 03:01 PM)Sol Wrote: Not to spoil your fun, but it might be best to wait on Event ideas until we've got some characters and levels made. Events a lot of the time are based on quirks of characters and levels, and we don't have any of those. We should wait until we have some stuff finished, so we can get the feel of how it works, and go from there.

Yeah that's true, but the character and Pokemon lists have been finalized at the very least so there's at least a little bit that can be done. I do agree with you level wise though since as far as I can tell no one has made even a preliminary list of which one's will be in the game. However it would still be good to start getting a few ideas to work play with based on what we have now.
Thanked by:
I think that there is a post created about this...

Edit: http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=9115

Maybe it's so old.
Thanked by:
I knew i would've done something wrong!

Also, the last post in the other forum was in September last year
Thanked by:
Yes, maybe is better posting in this post. ^^

I've taken all the suggestions of the another post:

Event Name [Playable Character]: Description

- True King of Greed [Wario]: win a Coin Battle against a team consisting of Bowser, King K. Rool, and Dedede.
- -ario Speedwagon [Any]: KO Mario, Wario and Lucario in under (time) minutes.
- Pokemon Battle (?) [Pokémon Trainer]: Pokemon Trainer (Red) VS Pokemon Trainer (Blue), where type differences come into play and the goal is to K.O. the other player's Pokemon. Once all three are K.O'd, the match is over.
- Kong Kremling Showdown [Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong as partner]: They fight against King K. Rool.
- The Ringing Swords [Link]: KO Marth, Ike and Toon Link.
- The Aura is Strong [Lucario]: KO Mewtwo.
- Royal Rumble [????]: Bowser & K. Rool VS Peach & Zelda.
- Snakes on a Halberd [Meta Knight]: KO ten Snakes in (time limit)
- That's not rain! [Any]: Defeat 200 tiny Gooeys.
- Royal Flush [Any]: KO Marth, Peach and King K. Rool in that order.
- Slay the Dragons [Fire Emblem or The Legend of Zelda's character]: Team up with another FE/LoZ character to defeat Charizard, Bowser, and Ridley respectively, one at a time (Opponents are 2x larger)
- Legendary Pokemon 2 [Pokemon Trainer]: Fight against Mewtwo and Deoxys with legendary pokemon in pokeballs.
- Guest All-Stars [Any]: Defeat all 3rd party characters with only two lives.
- Guest All-Stars 2 [Any]: Defeat all DLC 3rd party characters with only two lives.
- New Super Mario Bros. Brawl [Mario, Luigi as partner): Defeat Bowser (x2 bigger) & Bowser Jr; each have two lives.
- Porky Means Business [Porky, two Lucas (Pigmask) as a partner]: Fight against the heros of Nowhere Island and Eagleland. (Ness, Lucas and Claus)
- Zero Mission [Zero Suit Samus]: On the Brinstar Depths Level, you must defeat Ridley while avoiding Kraid that will repeatedly smack the stage. Ouch! Ridley has 2 lives, but when defeated, another Samus will arrive with Dark Samus colours. She has two lives...
- Ladies Brawl all evening [Any]: Defeat Peach, Zelda, Dixie&Kiddie, Zelda, Samus, Krystal, Female Villager and Micaiah in Tazmilly Village.
- Battle over the minds [Krystal]: You must fight against Mewtwo, Ness, Lucas and Claus...
- A K-Rool Nightmare... [King K. Rool]: You must engage DK, DiddyKong and Dixie&Kiddie all at the same time. But... They are twice as big... ouch... also, the screen will have a dreamlike filter around itself...
- Race to the finish! [Captain Falcon]: As C.Falcon, you must race through BigBlue, just like in SSBM, but vs. Sonic. Sonic is unnefected by the cars, so you'd better hurry!
- Trouble in paradise [Mario]: Fight against Bowser and Bowsy
- Event 22 (Super Mario 128) from Super Smash Bros. Melee
Thanked by:
Some of those are horribly outdated or just bad ideas, haha. We'll have to go through them later.
"-ario Speedwagon" still makes me laugh though.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(03-02-2010, 12:15 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Some of those are horribly outdated or just bad ideas, haha. We'll have to go through them later.
"-ario Speedwagon" still makes me laugh though.

Yes, I've tried to take only the event that uses actual characters xDD

Sorry. I have an idea for a coin event:

- Pay your house... Working! [Villager] - (Coin Battle) Fight against three Villagers (One of them the girl) for your money while Mr. Resetti is in the stage talking, talking and talking...
Thanked by:
I've found you.....FAKERS? - Play as Sonic against a team of Sonic's
Thanked by:
The Evil King- Be Mario with Level 5 Luigi and Peach to destroy a Level 9 Bowser
Pokemon Battle- Be Pokemon Trainer and defeat other Pokemon fighters in five mins.
Mario Bro Clones- Choose your own fighter and Defeat the Mario Clones with a random computer player.
[Image: ra2mvm.png]
I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!!
Thanked by:
battle of the bros: play as mario with luigi as a partner aginst wario in overals and waluigi
ko wario and waluigi to win
Thanked by:
Geno's Maze
Player: Geno

Basically it's like the Zelda temple maze in Melee's Adventure mode, but instead of fighting Link in certain areas, you fight dark versions of Geno or something.
Thanked by:
we should only have events which you wouldn't be able to remotely replicate in normal matches. thats why melee's events ruled and brawls were shit. chaoxys' sounds cool, andy's could easily be done in a vs. match
Thanked by:
One thing you might want to do to make the Events stand out in this version is have them take place in locations that aren't normal stages, like portions of the Adventure stages, and have unique, interesting things happen. That said, I like the Geno idea for that reason.
Thanked by: