hey everyone, here some fanart and o.c

[Image: rayquaza_in_the_moonlight_by_blooddragonx.jpg]

[Image: casting_Ventusphere_by_blooddragonx.jpg]

[Image: Moonlight_flight_by_blooddragonx.jpg]

[Image: Land_dweller_Dorugen_by_blooddragonx.jpg]

they are somewhat big, its because i am somewhat blind
with super cow privileges
Thanked by:
looks good, I like the shiny backgrounds.

however, you have a little problem with shading, especially for the ones where there's the moon in the background...the way the light goes, most of the character would be shaded, with a white backlight to represent the lightsource being behind them.

like this, obviously less extreme but you get the idea.

the way you shade now makes parts look rubbery, as if they were a puffy sticker or something. keep the lightsource in mind, and keep up the good work!
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
Jovian's right, the way you're shading now makes it almost look like you just applied a bevel and emboss filter Very Sad

Try to think of what you're drawing as a 3d form. The leg isn't an ellipse, it's (essentially) a cylinder, so treat the light and shadow as though it's acting on a cylinder.

Also the grass brush is the tool of the devil. Paint grass by hand, thx.
Thanked by:
The anatomy on the second one is wonked up. It has no heels or ankles.
Thanked by:
Just like in the anime XD
Thanked by:
Um, what anime is it from? Can you show me an actual picture of the thing from the anime it's from?
Thanked by:
sure

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/2...d1680a.jpg
Thanked by:
It's foot claws look really funky on your picture, that and you can hardly see them.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
Yeah, that has ankles. Yours doesn't. And your anatomy on it is still really off.
Thanked by:
Well, at least "the other guy drew it wrong too!" is a more original defence than "it's just my style"...

If things don't work in your own drawing, then... things don't work in your own drawing. The ankles in the original series are a little hard to make out, but that should have no bearing on how you draw the thing. Ultimately it comes down to understanding which parts are conscious design elements and which parts are just a stylistic decision.

The style in the anime is pretty simple, so while I admit the ankle and heel aren't very detailed, they're still visible. Simple styles usually work on suggestion, for want of a better word. So, for example, rather than drawing a realistic ankle, with the actual bone visible, it's instead suggested by the shape of the leg there and how it transitions into the foot.

I might not be explaining myself too well; but basically it comes down to style, which you're reading poorly. I'd suggest looking at the structure of real feet, as boring as they are, before you start trying to mess with unusual anatomy.

I'd also suggest that you look a bit more into realism in general; I'm not saying every finished piece you do should look like an anatomical drawing, but it'd be good for you to study anatomy and use it to inform your simpler pieces. Trust me! I'm working on a more simple style myself, and I wouldn't have the first clue how to shape things if I hadn't studied anatomy first.

It's better to learn to do things the proper way before you start trying to stylise.

Also, I keep having to say this: don't work digitally until you can work traditionally.
Thanked by: Alpha Six, Maxpphire
i took a little more time on drawing this one

[Image: mastering_dual_spheres_by_blooddragonx.jpg]

what you think?
Thanked by:
you're learning...now along with shading, you should focus on light sources and highlights. the aura spheres he has there would cast a blue glow on his paws and body. have you ever been near a colored light in the dark? the light shines on your body. that sort of thing.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
i still need to learn that, i will find a tutorial about, and i know the person
Thanked by:
that and something funky is up with his upper legs. Honestly it looks like his thighs kinda fused together.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
they are.

lucario is kinda weird to draw,but fun

(btw anyone is free to make a sprite of it, i just like to draw )
Thanked by: