Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Luigi's Adventure: Divide and Conquer
Exclamation 
Hello there! I was here a while back looking for some help, but I was a little vague. Now that I've done a little bit of work on the game I'm making (and I mean a little), I think it might help my chances of getting some help. So, here's a little synopsis of the game I'm working on RPG Maker VX . . .
LUIGI'S ADVENTURE: DIVIDE AND CONQUER

Inspiration:
Story (Knowledge of past Mario games may be helpful in understanding the plot, but I'll do my best to help you out. May contain spoilers from past games.):
World:
Characters:
Screenshots

Overworld Shots (Yes, I know they're empty. I'm working on it)
And some screenshots of the battle system in progress.
REALLY Short Demo:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yqeinuyyjmw
NOTE: I'm pretty sure you'll need to install the included font from the "Fonts" folder.
You'll also need to download the RTP package from the following link:

http://tkool.jp/products/rpgvx/eng/download.html

(It's the link after the license agreement.)

So that's about it. I know the demo is really short and extremely rough, but it is a work in progress. I have people helping out with tiles and the battle system, but there is something that I have yet to find help for: sprites. While some of the many sheets that are out there will be very helpful in putting the game together, there are some characters that are either totally new or haven't been sprited in the M&L style. That's why I'm here. I'm hoping some of you will be able to help me out a little. If anyone is interested, PM me, and I'll let you know what I need (I'd rather not take up anymore space with the whole list of sprites). Obviously, credit will be given in the game.

And for those of you who are not interested in the spriting requests, please comment and leave feedback. It'll help me see things from a different perspective. I'll try to keep the game up-to-date as changes are made.

Thank you for your time, and thank you in advance for any help I may receive.
Thanked by:
(02-19-2010, 06:28 PM)RECKENEFIN Wrote: Luigi, his dark-side alter ego Mr. L., and an over-cowardly version of himself whom Mr. L. later dubs "Squeegee" (Squeamish Luigi).
stopped reading here

i have a problem with this part

typically if someone is split into three parts of them self, they actually split into 3 parts of them self

it doesnt mean the normal version stays intact and the good and evil sides just fucking poof into existence

it should be a good luigi, a melancholic or just straight up emotionless luigi, and an evil luigi

but yeah
back to reading i'll comment more on the rest in a second
also this story is boring and uninspired
your lack of an explanation on how dimentio is suddenly undead is just about as stupid as your lack of an explanation of how luigi just spawns two more versions of himself
just got to the screenshots

the mixed bittages, mixed art types/styles are making this hard to look at

also the overworld maps are incredibly tiled and boring looking
and the names of your 'worlds' give off a feel of "been there, done that. in every mario game ever"

come up with something original

everything in that post feels boring and uninspired
Thanked by:
Should be on Projects forum.

I read through the post, and it seems very promising (it's got that Nintendo feel). though it needs polishment in the graphical part.
Thanked by:
missed your explanation on dimentio's being alive again, thought you just left it out

what the fucking fuck is
what.

the.

fuck.
Thanked by:
@LFDotG: Well, I guess everybody's entitle to their own opinion. You're actually the first one to give it an overtly negative review (except for the graphics part, but I know they need work). This was a good reality check. Thanks for keeping my head from going to far into the clouds. Smile

@*Gorsal*: I realize this might look like a project development post, but I'm really looking for help with some sprites. I just posted everything I have about the game so far because I've heard you need info to have any chance of getting help. Wink
Thanked by:
Updated the title screen shot. Still need sprite help. Blank
Thanked by:
(02-19-2010, 06:28 PM)RECKENEFIN Wrote: The thought occurred to me one day that Luigi has never had his own adventure.

Mario is Missing would like to have a word with you.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
uhhh.... luigi's mansion ring any bells...?
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by:
Everybody seems to call me on this. I thought I mentioned this point.

Luigi's Mansion and Mario is Missing, while both adventures with noble acts by Luigi, aren't the same kind of adventure that Mario has. Mario saves the princess and the world time after time after time after time. Luigi has saved his brother. Twice. Not saying that's not heroic, but there needs to be an upgrade in the scale of Luigi's adventures. At least to bring him up to the level of Mario's adventures.

That's all I'm saying. Wink
Thanked by:
luigi saved a princess in pm:ttyd

i win
Thanked by:
he's also a terrible character
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-17-2010, 01:59 PM)crotch buffet Wrote: luigi saved a princess in pm:ttyd

i win

Beat me to it, also why the hell hasn't Nintendo made a Paper Luigi yet? His story always was more interesting than the PM:TTYD one. Also everythign 1up has said about this is correct, I also wanna know how Dimentio is alive again by the way.
Thanked by:
Alright, time to address the new issues.

I actually completely forgot about the TTYD advenure. The only reason I don't count that one is because you don't get to play it. And to cover the next inevitable question, I'm not remaking the story because I wanted to try and come up with my own.

As for Dimentio, I think I mentioned it in his bio, but he's back because he absorbed the energy from the Chaos Heart, which gave him enough points to continue his game. It seemed to fit with the end-game philosophy hat was present in Super Paper Mario.

And on a side-note, I'm ok with constructive criticism. I actually want that. However, I would appreciate comments like "this game idea totally stinks" and "Luigi is a horrible character," to be kept to yourself. That's not helping me improve the game at all.

All that being said, I really ca
e here for sprite help. I'm still really needing some spriters. I'm not saying you have to love my game, just the art of spriting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile
Thanked by:
But this game idea IS flawled, starting for that thing about dividing Luigi into 3 to create 2 separate entities plus the original Luigi. That's the same as pouring a bottle of soda into 2 empty bottles and expecting to get 3 full bottles of soda.
The planning itself is already poorly executed and that is already an obstacule if you expect to fish for good spriters to pop out from nowhere and work for you.
Thanked by:
(03-18-2010, 01:20 PM)RECKENEFIN Wrote: "this game idea totally stinks" (...)That's not helping me improve the game at all.
bullshit

when you get a comment like this it means YOUR IDEA IS A BAD ONE AND YOU SHOULD CHANGE IT

meaning you're recieving /help/ on your /game/
Thanked by: