Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
/!\ Help with DS R4
Exclamation 
my girlfriend was using animati and colors on her DS, saved a file, and then shut down the console. when she tried to start the console again, it send a "couldnt find menu.ds file" andit wouldnt let runa nything.

when we tried to check the card on her computer, it wouldnt show this
[Image: fvgdfgvdfv.jpg?t=1266200132]
cannot access G:\
file name, directory or tag is invalid

she cannot erase the files, nor access the card's content. we checked if the card had a read-protection. the main concernt is to not lose the drawings and other file smade by the said programs.

so, the big question is, any ideas?
Thanked by:
I think the only way to get in is to format it. :/
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
i know, but i still want to try every single posibility before doing that...
Thanked by:
(02-14-2010, 09:37 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: my girlfriend was using animati and colors on her DS, saved a file
Most likely, an error in properly saving the data caused the card's contents to corrupt.

I think this is most likely because the folders (and possibly the files inside) are corrupted and contain garbled characters in their filenames. This has actually happened to me before and I still haven't managed to delete the files (they're still on my portable hard drive but I just ignore them). It's probably best to format, like Viper said, as the only other thing you can do is...store other data on the card. If the contents are really corrupted like I am assuming, there's not really anything to lose anymore.
Thanked by:
get an m3ds instead
Thanked by:
why are you listening to the jonas brothers in that screenshot
Thanked by:
(02-15-2010, 12:04 PM)Vipershark Wrote: why are you listening to the jonas brothers in that screenshot

he has daft punk in his desktop, he is forgiven.
Thanked by:
he also has TiK ToK by Ke$ha, which is arguably the worst song ever
Thanked by:
(02-15-2010, 12:04 PM)Vipershark Wrote: why are you listening to the jonas brothers in that screenshot
(02-14-2010, 09:37 PM)Francisco Cifuentes Wrote: when we tried to check the card on her computer,-
probably because thats my girlfriend's desktop, this one is mine.

so i guess i'd have to tell her the bad news.

thread can be closed now, thanks for the help♥
Thanked by: