Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pixel-Joint Weekly Challenge Sprite
Hey Spriters-resource,
I'm wanting to enter in this weeks challenge, and I'll be looking for any criticism you may have upon my sprite before I submit it in. Unfortunitly, I'm unable to enter it in until I find out how to use white transparency with GraphicsGale, considering I don't normally do 2-bit colour animations. Before you make a comment about the pole that the character is holding, please note that it is suppose to be a wobbly stick. Anyways, critic away... Smile

4 frames.
[Image: idlei.gif]
Thanked by:
I really like this, especially how readable it is even at that size.

I also fixed your transparency problem, hope you don't mind Wink
[Image: idlei.gif]
[Image: 6SqMy.gif][Image: 6SqMy.gif]
« Ref »
« »
Thanked by: Delicious
It's great but the cane looks like a worm and moves too much and so do the pants. I think your making things move just to make the move. So ya just take off the pants movement and make the cane look solid.
Thanked by:
Vic - Thanks buddy! Smile

SpartanFever - The "cane" is suppose to be a wobbly stick, however I do suppose that the pants are a bit too loose and will fix it. Thank you for the criticism. Smile
Thanked by:
I don't think that the stick is bending right. Instead of bending its end, try bending its middle: it'll look better.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
i dont like how that cane/stick bvends either... i'd just make it react to the character's movement instead of twirl like a worm :V
Thanked by:
I tried to make it flow along with the characters movement, but I see my attempt had failed. Tongue
Better?
[Image: idle.gif]
Thanked by:
I still think that you have wrong movement. The top of the arm should not be doing the wave and the wobbly stick is to wobbly like people above said. Besides that much better.
Thanked by:
What do you mean? I took out the flexability of the stick completely, so there shouldn't be any "wobblyness"... The thing attached to the stick is a string, by the way, for those who haven't yet figured that out. It's the motion of the coat that is also causing the wave, not the arm. It may be difficult to tell because I'm only using two colours to complete this piece.
Thanked by:
I think that needs to be made clearer. Just make the whole thing a cane and make it only move up and down.
Thanked by:
To be honest, I thought the whole difference between the stick and the string thing was fairly obvious to figure out. Rather a cane, I'd perfer making it into a spear considering it's suppose to be a weapon of some sort rather a walking device. Thanks for the suggestions and criticism. Wink
Thanked by:
[Image: wwl10w.gif]
Thanked by: Delicious
Oh, now I see! That's great help, thank you. Will definitly look into it. Smile
Edit, better? -
[Image: idlex.gif]
Thanked by:
Yes! Good job! Change one last thing and your good. Make the right arm not do the wAve just make it straightl
Thanked by:
Finished it and submitted, thanks all for the help. Smile
Thanked by: