Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME][IN DEVELOPMENT] - Fate's Mirror
[Image: fatesmirror-title.gif]
Fate’s Mirror is PixelxCore’s first official project, and an action/puzzle/adventure platformer similar to games like Zelda II, Noitu Love 2, Muramasa, and Legend of Princess.

The game will fluctuate between intense, difficult battles, and elaborate puzzles that will take advantage of your equipment, and Fate’s Mirror– the item that the entire game revolves around.

Levels can be backtracked at any time and each level has hidden items in it to increase replay value. There are also multiple paths limited to one specific character for additional exploration.

There is one city inbetween every level, which you can use to buy items, upgrade your arsenal, and find secrets.

After completing the game, you will unlock the Challenge World, a noncanon event area filled with over 50 challenges to further increase replay value. The Challenge World plays on the same save file, so all of your weapons, upgrades, and other miscellaneous things will carry over.

Co-Op mode will be available from the start in all three versions of the game. Challenge World levels can be played in ad-hoc, as long as both players have completed the game. In ad-hoc mode, you are allowed to play as either character, and both players are allowed to use the same character in Challenge World. However, 2-player in the main game will require playing as one or the other.

Fate’s Mirror will be approximately $4.99 on the PC, XBOX 360 (via XNA Creators Club/XBOX Live Indie Games), and the iPhone (dubbed Fate’s Mirror: Mobile Edition).

Fate’s Mirror is scheduled for a Q2 2010 release. It is rated by PxC “AG” (Average Gamers - 8+) for Comic Violence.

Development Blog
This is currently being worked on by myself (director, art), SengirDev (programming), Tuna (animation), Dex (art support), and _sjc_ (programming).

Check the blog for updates! I'll also be updating with miscellaneous stuff as we approach it.
Thanked by:
I'm actually pretty hyped for this, maybe it's just because I know the people who made it, but it does sound really cool. I'll definately buy it on launch, if maybe a few days later.
Thanked by:
I'm actually going to be spending money on this (for once) so you guys better make it good. :p
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
We'll try to make it worth your money ;P

We should have a "closed beta" prepared for you guys at least by the end of the month.
Thanked by: Vipershark, DanKen
It's all looking great, as always. Smile
Thanked by:
[Image: mockupearly.png]

An early mockup using some of the current graphics we have (Arthur, the grass + rock tiles) and an old piece by Dex that will be redone in tile format specifically for this project.

This is just a little early preview of how the game is going to look for everyone.

I've also updated with character information for Arthur and Allison on the devblog.
Thanked by:
Looks pretty awesome. Shame there isn't an open demo though.
And the dude's sword (though awesome in game) looks a bit dildo-y at the end in the pixel art.

If this was $5 you'd get a lot more people picking it up without even having to think about it.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
There will be an open demo closer to the game's release. Don't you worry. Wink
WOW. This looks pretty amazing. I really don't think I need to see a demo, but that'd be sweet too. Nice job. Buying it.
woop
Thanked by:
tyvon_anime_face.gif

Game sounds cool.
Thanked by: Vipershark
I'd buy it. Sounds like my kinda game. Would love to see some more screenshots. You gonna have co-op? Cause that'd be fucking fantastic.
Thanked by:
(02-02-2010, 09:37 PM)Spike Xian Wrote: I'd buy it. Sounds like my kinda game. Would love to see some more screenshots. You gonna have co-op? Cause that'd be fucking fantastic.

(02-01-2010, 04:50 PM)Xander Crews Wrote: Co-Op mode will be available from the start in all three versions of the game. Challenge World levels can be played in ad-hoc, as long as both players have completed the game. In ad-hoc mode, you are allowed to play as either character, and both players are allowed to use the same character in Challenge World. However, 2-player in the main game will require playing as one or the other.

Thanked by:
(02-02-2010, 03:44 AM)Xander Crews Wrote: [Image: mockupearly.png]

How much of the tileset do you have left?

I'm still working on XML I/O, so there's no rush.
Thanked by:
(02-02-2010, 11:18 PM)SengirDev Wrote:
(02-02-2010, 03:44 AM)Xander Crews Wrote: [Image: mockupearly.png]

How much of the tileset do you have left?

I'm still working on XML I/O, so there's no rush.
Dex is the one working on it; you'll have to ask him. He should have it done by tomorrow though?
Thanked by:
(02-02-2010, 10:50 PM)Rhymey Wrote:
(02-02-2010, 09:37 PM)Spike Xian Wrote: I'd buy it. Sounds like my kinda game. Would love to see some more screenshots. You gonna have co-op? Cause that'd be fucking fantastic.

(02-01-2010, 04:50 PM)Xander Crews Wrote: Co-Op mode will be available from the start in all three versions of the game. Challenge World levels can be played in ad-hoc, as long as both players have completed the game. In ad-hoc mode, you are allowed to play as either character, and both players are allowed to use the same character in Challenge World. However, 2-player in the main game will require playing as one or the other.

I can't believe I missed an entire paragraph o.O Thanks
Thanked by: