Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Old and New Custom Sprites.
Here are two sheets I have created. The Vincent one was created early last summer. For a game I unfortunately never made. And the Fumér one I litterally just finnished about 10 minutes ago.
I'm definately a fan of the Gameboy style colour ways.

Crits and stuff would be cool.
I'm mainly posting them up to see if anyone wants to code a platformer.

Hope you guys are into 'em.

[Image: gamespritesheet.png]

[Image: monsiourcaf.png]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
You should read this thread, Fumer. It's pinned for a reason. -> http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=9960
Ngamer01's Portal - Updates whenever.
Holy shit. Would y'all really stop fucking caring about attachments? It doesn't kill someone to take an extra 2 seconds to click on an attachments link and press open. God damn. You people act if it takes a damn day to view an attachment. No one complained on in 08 and early 09.

My only gripe is the 2nd sheet's jump. It looks more like a standing on tiptoes than a jump, and wouldn't work good for jumping forward, backwards or any direction other than straight up.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
(01-28-2010, 12:05 AM)Paper Jam Boy Wrote: Holy shit. Would y'all really stop fucking caring about attachments? It doesn't kill someone to take an extra 2 seconds to click on an attachments link and press open. God damn. You people act if it takes a damn day to view an attachment. No one complained on in 08 and early 09.

My only gripe is the 2nd sheet's jump. It looks more like a standing on tiptoes than a jump, and wouldn't work good for jumping forward, backwards or any direction other than straight up.

Yes we did. It just wasn't a rule then.
The problem is that we dont' want to bother downloading an attachment. Especially considering the fact that most first-time posters only post shitty edits and stuff that we wouldn't bother looking at anyway, yes, that two seconds is a waste of time.

And it's a rule. In a stickied thread that's in bolded caps.

Not to mention that image hosting isn't fuckign hard at all and takes that same amount of two seconds as it takes for us to download the attachment.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Fuck I was never griped at my first few months and I only used attachments. And VS, it's not mandatory you download the file. I do believe most browsers give a save or open option. Click open, it's stored in the temp folder, and gets soon deleted. It seems like an unnecessary rule from general lazziness. Idc as much as the fact it is a warnable offense.

But mental note, if you use an attachment, copy the attachments URL and paste it in [img] URLs so people won't fuss
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
that's because you did just that and ing tagged your attachments
it wasn't so much the fact that they were attaching images as it was that they weren't img tagging them or getting them hosted

still, I don't want to bother downloading a file, temp directory or not.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(01-28-2010, 12:05 AM)Paper Jam Boy Wrote: My only gripe is the 2nd sheet's jump. It looks more like a standing on tiptoes than a jump, and wouldn't work good for jumping forward, backwards or any direction other than straight up.

Thanks for the crit dude. Yeah I know what you mean. I'll work on the legs and height and stuff so and i can make it look good angles.

Shhhh, some of you seem to be REEAALLY upset about me posting the images as download links.
I think you should calm down, seeing as it's an honest mistake. So i've edited my first post and hosted them. So those of you who got horrifically offended that my eyes didn't pay attention to a pinned thread and that I attached download links to my sprites can calm down already and get back to whatever they do.

sorry?? for the inconvenience...
Thanked by:
(01-28-2010, 12:05 AM)Paper Jam Boy Wrote: Holy shit. Would y'all really stop fucking caring about attachments? It doesn't kill someone to take an extra 2 seconds to click on an attachments link and press open. God damn. You people act if it takes a damn day to view an attachment. No one complained on in 08 and early 09.

You mean, "stop caring about an actual god damn rule in the boards?" Yeah, no, that isn't happening. It's already explained why attachments are nothing but a HUGE nuisance. Maybe you should take a chill pill.

The sprites look okay (aside from some dithering abuse) but I'm not sure if the animations are actually good or not; do you think you could animate some things in this sheet for evaluation?

I deleted your dupe thread, by the way. (:
Thanked by:
Considering the Gameboy's color restrictions, wouldn't those characters both be transparent? I'm pretty sure that only 3 of the 4 colors were allowed per sprite/tile.
Currently ripping ???, Submissions: 37
Ref 1 - Ref 2 - Human Ref + Ref 3
Thanked by:
Okay, well with that ordeal over. We can get back on topic it out. Sorry I guess...

Good point Jdaster. Although I think if I re-coloured it it wouldn't look right. I'll give it a go though to see how it turns out.

I'll see how the sprites work animated Xander, hopefully they will animate properly. I'll post 'em up as soon as they're done.
Thanked by: