Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
dread kong-dk kos style
bet this was unexpected.
[Image: dreadkong.png]
is it good enough to put up?
every cel in my body knows what to do,how can there not be a god?
Thanked by:
They look like they were edited from something. Unless you ripped them yourself, you should also credit whoever ripped what they are edited from. Especially stuff like the TNT, which doesn't look at all edited or custom. Also, the hair, the most custom part of the whole thing, has NO shading.
Thanked by:
Well, for one thing, you haven't got enough sprites, try adding some more attacks. Also, we need to know what dread kong is shooting. And can might need a palette of Dread when hes fully charged.

I think i may know what it looks like:

[Image: dk1.gif]
Thanked by:
Actually, it looks more like it was edited from Funky Kong.
Thanked by:
Okay first I want to tell you I'm horribly harsh on customs.

Now on with the criticism.
Contents May or May Not Be Constructive.
First of all the thing looks virtually nothing like Dread Kong. Look up the official art for him. He has those...markings...on his arms.
Secondly the dreads looke more like the top of a palm tree when they should look more like actual DREADS.
Thirdly, his eyes are all wrong. Dread Kongs eyes are those black and red "AOSTH Dr.Robotnik style" eyes.
Finally, his colors are wrong. You've got him almost solid black, whereas dread kong is more a brownish-black, just a bit darker thank Donkey Kong's.

Lastly I'm mad at you for getting my hopes up for something epic and then shaming yourself with this worthless garbage.

Sorry to be so cruel but really, you should start off in Spriting Discussion for critique and such before you foolishly try to post something for submission without any idea of what the hell you're doing.
Thanked by: Blitz, Cobalt Blue, Chdonga
well said
Thanked by:
I took the liberty to edit it a little:
[Image: DreadKong.png]
On one I left the dreads from you. The one on the right is the one I tried to do the dreads myself, but I don't think they are perfect :-/... I never played the game with him and I saw him for the first time today. I took the colors from a picture of him.
Heres the pic of Dread Kong:[Image: DreadKong.jpg]

Edit: I made the Dreads longer:
[Image: DK2-1.gif]

And yes, I made a frame for the sole reason of being bored.
Thanked by:
The edit's more on-model, but it no longer fits the style, as KoS uses really vibrant colors.
Thanked by:
i took all you'r comments and went to town on the sheet.
[Image: dreadkongv20.png]
[Image: dreadkongicon.gif]
i also added an icon.
Thanked by:
It's a lot better than what it originally was, that's for sure. I'll give a better crit when I get home, I just called in to work T_T
Thanked by:
The sheet itself is incredibly horrid though... Not the sprites but the actual sheet.
A lot of pointless lines and stuff - a new line signifies a new animation, you don't need random shapes and shit everywhere.
It just makes it harder to use.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
improved the colering.
as for the lines and shapes i thought they would help people understand
what animations went together.
they really make it harder to use?
if so,i guess i can fix it.
[Image: dreadkongv30.png]
[Image: dreadkongicon.gif]
Thanked by:
Wheres the difference? Am I that blind? oO. I think he meant all those black triangles and stuff, by the way.
Thanked by:
He's too brown now.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
They're talking about the triangles. It still reads relatively well without all of them. Like so:
[Image: dreadkongv30.png]

If need be, maybe add boxes back in, but only boxes, one pixel thick lines should do the job fine. That's what I use on sheets sometimes.
Thanked by: