Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario Land style Sprites
I decided to take a break from Pikmin for awile and do somthing easier like SML Styled sprites.

[Image: Super_Mario_Land_Stle14606.PNG]

How are they?

Edit:
Waluigi added:

[Image: Super_Mario_Land_Stle97410.PNG]
Thanked by:
what's with the lack of clothes on the small sprites
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
there what they look like as babies in yoshi island, I tried sonic, but the spikes look bad

[Image: Super_Mario_Land_Stle66787.PNG]

no idea how to fix the spikes
Thanked by:
VS, I think those are baby marios Very Sad
Also, I fail to see how these exactly are SML styled. I mean, I undertand it in the sense that they are incredibly simplistic, but Mario was in those games, and your mario looks a bit off, like he has a huge forhead or something. Also, with a style so simple, why not do some more animations?
Thanked by:
I was just about to make animations, and the head is big becuse when it was small, it didn't look right, and it looks more like he has a face

I plan on only doing main charicters and sonic, not spinoff charicters like DK and toadette
[Image: Super_Mario_Land_Stle51250.PNG]

Jumping added.Working on toad and walking now
[Image: Super_Mario_Land_Stle46824.PNG]
Thanked by:
are you aware on how animation works? its not just puting a random bunch of sprites together, they do have to follow a basic sequence so they actually portrait the ilusion of 'movement'. for any given SMOOTH walking animation you need at least 4 frames, or at least 2 that actually make sense. yours are like "HEY IM JUST STANDING HERE *step* HEY IM JUST STANDING HERE *step*". its even more evident on sonic.

both mario and luigi and looking to the side but suddenly waluigi is looking to the camera.

jesus christ is that hard to keep yourself focused in ONE THING UNTIL YOU FINISH IT AND THEN MOVE ON.
Thanked by:
(12-10-2009, 10:54 PM)Lv47Thief Metaru Wrote: are you aware on how animation works? its not just puting a random bunch of sprites together, they do have to follow a basic sequence so they actually portrait the ilusion of 'movement'. for any given SMOOTH walking animation you need at least 4 frames, or at least 2 that actually make sense. yours are like "HEY IM JUST STANDING HERE *step* HEY IM JUST STANDING HERE *step*". its even more evident on sonic.

both mario and luigi and looking to the side but suddenly waluigi is looking to the camera.

jesus christ is that hard to keep yourself focused in ONE THING UNTIL YOU FINISH IT AND THEN MOVE ON.

Did you even play SML? and I never said I was done with the walking.And waluigi IS looking forward

anyway:
[Image: Super_Mario_Land_Stle49438.PNG]
Thanked by:
Sorry to say, but these are far from SML style. They're more of a custom style, inspired by SML. And even then, they're pretty bland.

They lack shading, decent animation, and in the case of Mario, Luigi, and Waluigi, any real difference outside of height.
Thanked by:
isnt sml all greyscale, anyway?
Thanked by:
there soppost to be in color,so you can tell the difference,mario and luigi look the same in Super Mario Bros, and there are a lack of animations in SML, plus I'm NOT done with walking.
(12-11-2009, 01:09 AM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: Sorry to say, but these are far from SML style. They're more of a custom style, inspired by SML. And even then, they're pretty bland.

They lack shading, decent animation, and in the case of Mario, Luigi, and Waluigi, any real difference outside of height.

couldn't we just call them a custom style then? and lack of shading is becuse SML didn't have shading,and was just grey,black,and white
Thanked by:
Those "baby" ones look a bit blocky, don't you say?
[Image: mgmppkke8.gif] Combo time!
Thanked by:
Sonic's body needs to be smaller and his eye bigger, I think. I know this is SML style or something like it, but Sonic just looks odd when not in his classic proportions.

you could probably use the yellow color on his stomach for his arms and mouth area too, to make him look more Sonic-like rather than a mass of blue.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: Super_Mario_Land_Stle65045.PNG]

This proves that I like Super Mario Sunshine
Thanked by:
daisy and peach's face look really bad, and are very blocky. and you really need to FIX THE ONES WITH PROBLEMS INSTEAD OF ADDING NEW CHARACTERS.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Teddy The Elite, Stooben
may i say, you should check how your sprites are mocing when making an animation. adding random poses for the sake of adding random poses doesnt work.
Thanked by: