Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Victory fanfares?
If I remember correctly, Brawl was once planned to have separate victory fanfares for each character, like with Meta Knight, rather than one theme per series icon.

I'm thinking that having this for the project would be pretty awesome. It shouldn't be too hard to think up fanfares for the secondary characters in most series, though Pokemon characters might be a problem.

For example, Luigi could have the SMW or SMB3 level clear theme.

Also, sorry if this has been discussed somewhere already. I did do some lurking through the forum, but didn't really find anything on the subject.
Thanked by:
Pokemon could use battle music varying by the game they come from.

Pikachu uses the original fanfare, Mewtwo uses gen 1 trainer battle, Lucario uses gen 4, Deoxys uses gen 3, Pokemon trainer uses a modified version of the Pokemon theme song, Jigglypuff uses... Sing.
Thanked by:
Personally, Luigi should have a Luigi's Mansion themed fanfare.
Thanked by:
(12-02-2009, 12:15 AM)Number Six Wrote: Pokemon could use battle music varying by the game they come from.

Pikachu uses the original fanfare, Mewtwo uses gen 1 trainer battle, Lucario uses gen 4, Deoxys uses gen 3, Pokemon trainer uses a modified version of the Pokemon theme song, Jigglypuff uses... Sing.

Those could work.

Also, Waluigi is kinda tricky. My current ideas are as follows:
1. First five seconds of Heeeere's Waluigi! from Mario Party 3. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZNgp39XUKI
2. The Grand Prix finish fanfare from Mario Kart: Double Dash.
3. Superstar fanfare from one of the Mario Party games.
Thanked by:
Thing is though, it wasn't planned in Brawl. That one's a myth spread by n00bs.

Each character got his / her own entry in the music list for fanfare because it would be easier to link these entries to previous entries instead of them first redirecting to an entry for the series, especially with Meta-Knight technically being in the same series but still having a different fanfare.

But, shouldn't stop you guys from doing what you think is best. I just think it's both wasting too much time on music and too much disk space. A great fan game is one that has the lowest download time possible.
Thanked by:
Jeez, there are way too many Brawl myths out there with real evidence that "supports" the myth.

I get your point about the time/disc space wasting aspect. I still think it'd be at least unique if it was done, though.
Thanked by:
I don't know, having a different theme song like Meta-Knight does would fit better as an exception.
Like this exception that only applies to three or four brawlers, Meta-Knight included.

I was also thinking, maybe the victory fanfare wouldn't just be a victory fanfare, but it would also have a loop that would play during the aftermath. All Smash bros. games have this loop song, but in this case, it'd be a loop for each fanfare. For instance, the Pokemon series could have the victory fanfare from Pokemon, and that happy loop afterwards, just like after you defeat a Trainer/Wild Pokemon. Sonic would have the Act Clear jingle and a loop from Sonic 2's options.
Thanked by:
I actually had that same idea a long time ago. I should've thought of it.

My main idea for that was a loop of the drum beat and first seven notes after the intro of the Super Mario theme, after a Mario character victory of course.
Thanked by:
Yes, and the jingle and loop could play also in Classic mode/All-Star mode after clearing a stage.
Thanked by:
On the note of music in general, are we just gonna recycle Brawl's and just throw some other songs in that we see appropriate? Or are we going to remake the songs via people who can make music? The latter is more complicated then the former but I'm just throwing it out there.
Thanked by:
So the jingle loop would be something like this:

[Download]

Only more finished and shit?
Thanked by:
Pretty much spot on.

Also, considering the size of our roster, I'm starting to think Rokkan's idea fits better.
Just one special fanfare for the bigger series groups; Mario (Probably Luigi or Bowser); Pokemon (I'm thinking Mewtwo); Zelda (Toon Link or Tingle, most likely Tingle); Kirby (already taken care of); -maybe- Donkey Kong (Diddy needs his DKC2 level end theme), and -maybe- Star Fox (Wolf or Krystal), since the two series now have just barely enough characters to be thought of as big.

And finally, I think the Wario "series" could use a different fanfare, since it doesn't fit Waluigi, in my opinion. Maybe something from the first three Wario Land games, or the WarioWare series?
Thanked by:
In my opinion, for Star Fox, just altering the jingle loop for Wolf O'Donnell would suffice.

Anyway, just a little bit and the Star Fox loop jingle is as good as done. Even if if we don't end up using it, it would be fun to do them anyway.
Thanked by:
K.Rool could use the "Minigame lost" jingle from DKC1 for his victory theme
Thanked by:
Sonic could use the original Fan Fare when he completes a zone in Sonic 1 or 2, I love that one better than the one Brawl has.
Thanked by: MaverickETC