Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
There's Ads on the Nav?
Just in case it's just me or someone who doesn't know what's going and would like to know I'm letting people know there are ads on the front page. And they're covering the navigation. Kinda gotta ninja your way through if you don't have the pages or forum booked marked. If I'm the one having this issue then it doesn't really matter.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
If you have firefox get adblock. It works wonders.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
oddly enough, I saw two WoW ads on here the other day with ABP on, but as soon as I refreshed they were gone.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Are you talking about the ones that automatically show up despite it saying "roll over for ad" ?
Thanked by:
Use Opera
Thanked by: Alpha Six
They're the Forza Motorsport ones. It might be different from comp to comp or region to region. Anyway I guess it's just me.
Thanked by:
I had some problems with notebooks ads a while ago. It's regional as far I know.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
I have a 'Forza Motorsport 3' add on the wrong side of the page here in the forums.

Like adds are supposed to be on the right side, but this ones on the left side covering the logo and such.
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
(11-25-2009, 04:04 AM)Arthur Wrote: I have a 'Forza Motorsport 3' add on the wrong side of the page here in the forums.

Like adds are supposed to be on the right side, but this ones on the left side covering the logo and such.

Okay so it's not just me, do you have an ad block Arthur? Using Firefox? Cause this could just be a regional thing.
Thanked by:
That wasn't the first time, it also happened here and here. I believe some of them were blocked but I'm not too sure.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Yeah, it is pretty annoying. Here's an example of it.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3858/23090013.png
Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by:
I've never encountered this problem. I have all ads disabled on tSR.
Thanked by:
Never encountered this on either FF or IE.
And I visit the front page daily.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
Yeah, I just got Ad Block Plus, it works great for Firefox. All you have to do is Open Blockable Items and then just disable all the filters for tSR. Gets rid of all the ads.
Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by:
(11-25-2009, 04:14 AM)Djanjo Wrote:
(11-25-2009, 04:04 AM)Arthur Wrote: I have a 'Forza Motorsport 3' add on the wrong side of the page here in the forums.

Like ads are supposed to be on the right side, but this ones on the left side covering the logo and such.

Okay so it's not just me, do you have an ad block Arthur? Using Firefox? Cause this could just be a regional thing.

I'm on firefox but I don't have an adblock.
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by: